Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New to group and homeschooling :)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi everyone!

I just posted a paragraph up in the introduce yourself forum! I'm excited to get ideas from more experienced homeschoolers!

Question-- for Language Arts, I plan on using A Beka Language 1 the seat workbook. Do I need the text to go with it? Will I just have to teach the concepts first each day on my own? Any one had  experience with it?

Also, "Building Spelling Skills" came today--looks awesome! Any one use this before?

Carolineconfused

by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Replies (11-13):
coala
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

We are almost finished with our Abeka Grade 1 books for the year.  The seatwork can be done without the teacher manuals.  If you have a question about something I would be happy to scan that page and email it if you need.  We LOVE Abeka and will use it for as long as we can.  I have one finishing 1st grade and one finishing K.

arwalters
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Has anyone used abeka for pre k? Ds is 4. I just have a cpl different cheap workbooks, free worksheets I printed from online and a few simple learning games. So far was not sure if I should bother with a curriculum til 1st grade
coala
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I used a partial K4 program from them.  We didn't go all out, but bought some of the basics.  My DD flew through those books in about 3 mos.  She really enjoyed them.  You don't necessarily need a curriculum, but it was helpful as we were just getting started.

Quoting arwalters:

Has anyone used abeka for pre k? Ds is 4. I just have a cpl different cheap workbooks, free worksheets I printed from online and a few simple learning games. So far was not sure if I should bother with a curriculum til 1st grade

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN