Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New here!

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi all, I'm Lori and I have 12 y/o twin girls, Anna and Zoey. We're finishing up our 2nd year of homeschooling. They went to a Montessori school from preschool til 4th grade. Zoey has always had sensory issues but by 3rd grade it became clear that she has ADHD too. In 4th grade she really struggled, and the school didn't have the resources to help her. Rather than put her on medication I decided to homeschool. It's been great for the girls but I've been worrying about if what I'm doing is good enough and how I'll keep up when they get to high school age and need to learn calculus, physics, and other things I don't understand very well myself. So I'm looking forward to talking to other homeschooling moms and getting new ideas and resources.
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
romacox
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM

How To Home School  has several links about homeschooling the High school student. ... just  scroll down to the High School Section.  It also talks about dual enrollment which my grandson is doing.  

irvinehiker
by Andrea on May. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Welcome to the group!!  :)  This is a great group to learn from and ask lots of questions.  The longer you hs the more confidence you will gain.  It's a learning process for the parents too.  

LocoCountryMama
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Thanks, I'll check that out.

Quoting romacox:

How To Home School  has several links about homeschooling the High school student. ... just  scroll down to the High School Section.  It also talks about dual enrollment which my grandson is doing.  

LocoCountryMama
by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Thanks =)

Quoting irvinehiker:

Welcome to the group!!  :)  This is a great group to learn from and ask lots of questions.  The longer you hs the more confidence you will gain.  It's a learning process for the parents too.  

oredeb
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM

welcome lori!!

dont worry bout high school, its fun! as for all that math theres various books out there, websites, tutors, coop classes,  videos,  check this out for what i call high math! khan academy

LocoCountryMama
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Thanks!

Quoting oredeb:

welcome lori!!

dont worry bout high school, its fun! as for all that math theres various books out there, websites, tutors, coop classes,  videos,  check this out for what i call high math! khan academy

usmom3
by BJ on May. 22, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Welcome to the group, this is a great group to get support & guidance from.

LocoCountryMama
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Thanks, I'm seeing that already! I'm so glad I found this group =)

Quoting usmom3:

Welcome to the group, this is a great group to get support & guidance from.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)