Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Work boxes?

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter will be starting kindergarten this fall. I thought that it would be fun to do work boxes so I have 5 clear containers one for M-Fr. I want to put lables on the front with differnt colored cards labled with each day of the school week, and put in her work for that day. Then I have been saving empty Country Time lemonade bulk containers to put daily art projects in. Has anyone done something like this? I thought it would be fun for her to be able to go get her daily containers off of the shelf and it would help her to recognize/spell the days of the week.

Any other fun ideas for organization or keeping it interesting for a kindergartener?

by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM

We did work boxes, but we also had some containers that were for learning games, so there was math games (one box had a dice game, another a card game), spelling games, etc. I just printed off fun games and made a few boxes so they could gram them when they had some free time. 

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:54 AM
We do work boxes but I fill them daily and each is a different subject or activity. She has 6 drawers and 2 bins. The subjects go in the drawers and hands on activities go in the bins. She chooses the order and how much we do, since she's only 4. When we officially start her K year in a few months I will encourage more consistency but still won't require x amount to be done daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I don't know if what we do would be called work boxes or not.  I organize my daughters school books in a drawer system.  We don't have all the fancy things that tell the kids what to do first and what not that I've seen in most work box systems.  I use it to keep organized on what books she is working on.  Now I'm going to work on that with my son and see how it goes.

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM

That sounds like a great way to stay organized, though I think I will do mine by subject, not day. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I love the lemonade containers idea!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN