Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Three more days and my son is through. Do I withdraw him and request his records this week or wait until the new year? I'm a little confused because I'm supposed to report HS status 10 days after we start which will be August and it seems like he'd be in limbo all summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Replies (11-14):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

What info are you saying they are cross referencing?

Do you have a copy of the letter?

Quoting Bluecalm:

You mean the letter informing the state I have a private school? How do they cross reference the info when I only have to report the number of students I teach? Do you think it's ok to mention in the letter that I'm a certified teacher?

Quoting Dawn07:

I'm editing to rephrase myself. On his last day of school you can give the public school their notice and ask for his transcripts then.

For your letter you can send it in a few weeks before, so you aren't waiting till the last minute. In the letter it will have your start date, so they will know.

Quoting Bluecalm:Nonaccredited private school.

Quoting Dawn07:

Which option have you chosen?

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I mean, how does the state really know if a child is being hsed if I just give the enrollment number?

Quoting Dawn07:

Quoting Bluecalm:

You mean the letter informing the state I have a private school? How do they cross reference the info when I only have to report the number of students I teach? Do you think it's ok to mention in the letter that I'm a certified teacher?

Quoting Dawn07:

I'm editing to rephrase myself. On his last day of school you can give the public school their notice and ask for his transcripts then.

For your letter you can send it in a few weeks before, so you aren't waiting till the last minute. In the letter it will have your start date, so they will know.

Quoting Dawn07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM
With this option, they don't. They are giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Quoting Bluecalm:

I mean, how does the state really know if a child is being hsed if I just give the enrollment number?

Quoting Dawn07:

Quoting Bluecalm:

Quoting Dawn07:

Quoting Dawn07:

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 6:05 PM
D came home today with a transfer form for me to sign to withdraw him from school. But if I'm reading it right, I still have to send a letter next school year saying he is attending my private school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)