Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I will not homeschool next year...

Posted by   + Show Post
Without a laminator! They seem like so much fun! What do you reeeaaallly want that is kinda frivolous?
by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Replies (51-59):
LadeeBellaDonna
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I also have a laminator (it's not the cutesy decorated kind but it's functional, just the power light doesn't work)... I've used it for a couple things but not that much... but what I have used it for it's been REALLY handy! The main kitchen tools that I've always wanted (which I have now) is a juicer and a blender. I LOVE those! My mom just bought me a NutriBullet... that thing is pretty cool too (to me it's just a fancy blender) and it's easy for the kids to use too! Other than being a tech junkie and always wanting all those cool electronic toys... that's pretty much the things I've really wanted/needed.

BTW... you got me with your post title too! Clever ;)

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM
8)

Quoting mommy4lyf:

LOLembarrassed

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Three new desks a huge art table and preschool curriculum. The last one I am getting. We are going to get the sing spell read and write for my 3 and 4 year olds. But I am going to make it less frivolous by copying the work books and using it for preschool, kindergarten and 1st grade. We will redo the alphabet and start putting words together not next year but the year after, unless they surprise me and start reading next year.

But I am not pushing for that at all
jen2150
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

video projector

I love my laminator.  So do my kids but I have to limit their use of it.  They were laminating everything.  LOL

almondpigeon
by on May. 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

that is a truly wonderful & genius idea.  now, i've decided that i really need one too!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I'm also begging for a laminator and those cool pockets that you put a worksheet inside and the kids can write on them with dry erase markers.  Man the ink we will save!!  I think they'll pay for themselves:-)

arwalters
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Me too

Quoting Dawn07:Ha, good one. I was like what!?!
I still want an area just for school.
katinahat
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM

You can laminate a worksheet that you'll want your child to fill out more than once, then have him or her use dry erase markers. You can make sheets of index cards (flash cards for sight words, nomenclature cards, etc.), then print them, laminate them, and cut them into the individual cards. Like here are some of ours (I apologize in advance for the large pictures!) :

The set we made for our hiking expeditions:

The last one, with the trail, we used a picture of my daughter hiking. We try to incorporate our own pictures where ever possible. Also, we made sets of cards that name different objects in a certain category (bathroom, living room, camping, pond life, rainforest life, etc.). Here's a picture of some of those:

My daughter loves going through all of the cards and pictures, so it's been a big hit with her. And she ALWAYS wants us to read her the hiking ones lol. She'll actually carry them while we're hiking-- it's her "job" sometimes :)

Quoting Leahsmom2007:

You totally had me! So..I have a laminator...and I'm not sure exactly what to use it for. Ideas?!

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, homeschooling, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

http://merrrfamily.blogspot.com/

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

a classroom! that is my big thing i want. i will get...i will...*stomps feet*

Leahsmom2007
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Love the big pictures actually :) Those are great ideas, thank you !

Quoting katinahat:

You can laminate a worksheet that you'll want your child to fill out more than once, then have him or her use dry erase markers. You can make sheets of index cards (flash cards for sight words, nomenclature cards, etc.), then print them, laminate them, and cut them into the individual cards. Like here are some of ours (I apologize in advance for the large pictures!) :

The set we made for our hiking expeditions:

The last one, with the trail, we used a picture of my daughter hiking. We try to incorporate our own pictures where ever possible. Also, we made sets of cards that name different objects in a certain category (bathroom, living room, camping, pond life, rainforest life, etc.). Here's a picture of some of those:

My daughter loves going through all of the cards and pictures, so it's been a big hit with her. And she ALWAYS wants us to read her the hiking ones lol. She'll actually carry them while we're hiking-- it's her "job" sometimes :)

Quoting Leahsmom2007:

You totally had me! So..I have a laminator...and I'm not sure exactly what to use it for. Ideas?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)