Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will not homeschool next year...

Posted by   + Show Post
Without a laminator! They seem like so much fun! What do you reeeaaallly want that is kinda frivolous?
by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Replies (41-50):
tennisgal
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM

bookshelves. like pretty ones to line our "formal' living room (it's completely empty). I'm trying to talk DH into getting some that will be pretty and functional. 

matheson7
Happy Easter.
Yesterday at 5:39 PM
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I just found a purple cow laminator, brand new on Amazon for $22.50.
Quoting katinahat:

katinahat
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! Our Purple Cow one has been really great :)

Quoting matheson7:

I just found a purple cow laminator, brand new on Amazon for $22.50.
Quoting katinahat:

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, homeschooling, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

http://merrrfamily.blogspot.com/

HopeJoyPeace1
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

JUST FREE PRINTER INK!

Leahsmom2007
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:55 PM

You totally had me! So..I have a laminator...and I'm not sure exactly what to use it for. Ideas?!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on May. 22, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Kitchen Aides are worth every cent! I got mine as a wedding gift and it is going strong 16 years later...

Someone said sewing machine...I kill them! My mom has given me two, I bought a brand new one myself..all dead..toast..gone! lol

I can't think of any big extra item. Maybe a kindle or a tablet. We just got a laptop but I hate letting the kids touch it! MINE!
LadeeBellaDonna
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:00 AM
I think I have everything I need for homeschooling. But I have been wanting a cricut machine. My MIL has one and she won't give it up!!
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on May. 22, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I love my laminator, I haven't started hsing yet but I'm sure I will use it a lot for that! I have one because I wanted one and I uses it for some kids I worked with one on one..

I just want my own place instead of living with mil. Then I won't have to feel her judgement when we "come out" to her about hsing lol
hwblyf
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Quoting LadeeBellaDonna:

I think I have everything I need for homeschooling. But I have been wanting a cricut machine. My MIL has one and she won't give it up!!

I got a Cricut for Christmas and felt horribly wasteful--it's just a hobby, not a real "purpose" tool.  But I got over that and had some fun until my foot surgery.  I bought a new cartridge the other day to help me out with girl scouts and cub scouts.  :)  I'm very excited to get that!!!

I have a laminator that I don't use much, but when I do, it's awesome.  I think it's the Purple Cow one, too.

I also have a Kitchenaid.  10+ years I've been making bread/cakes/cookies with that sucker.  Dropping it on the floor is not a good idea, in case you were wondering.  I'm thinking of getting a larger one just because I have a large family and I like to make and freeze in large quantities.

MammaG08
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:26 AM

hahahaha...you got me!  I was shocked when I saw this post by you; catchy title!   I have a laminator (got mine for 50% off, and the laminating pockets for cheap too), and I use it  ALL THE TIME!  You will love yours, I'm sure.  My dream is to turn our dining room into our 'school room' complete with a wall-mounted dry-erase board, shelving everywhere, and basically everything we need to homeschool all in one convienient room.   Ahhhhhh....a mommy can only dream ~ maybe one day!  :-) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)