Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

One Of Our Summer Projects! Pic. :)

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 18 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Started tilling up the kids' garden today. :)
we normally have a big garden (about 1/4 of an acre or more), but I have been too busy to keep up with the bigger one lately. So we decided to have a smaller one close to the house. I'm calling it the kids' garden, but I love gardeningLol :D lol thankfully the kids do to.
It is about 7x12ft and they all chose what they wanted to plant. I'm curious to see how much we can grow in this small of an area. I'm considering it a challenge. ;)
Will post more pics when we get it planted later.

What are your Summer projects?
by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mama06
by Debbie on May. 21, 2013 at 2:58 PM

That's awesome..I wish we could garden, our yard is soo small. If we ever get property I'm going to do something like that too..

oredeb
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

great idea, i did that when my kids were young, they love growing things now as adults

we have a garden also, raised beds, also putting more flagstones in

i now have 6 raised beds, dh just made me 3 more so been planting them

another project

cleaning up this mess!!!

another big project

will be continuing the flagstone under the stairs, i had to dig up all the flowers and bushes i had under there,

the artichokes are ready to pick

when they start dieing back i need to move them they are in my pathway! see em down there! i cant get through to the other side, i gotta find a place to put 4 of them,

bether89
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:20 PM

We have a small garden in the back yard and a small box garden with strawberries.

usmom3
by BJ on May. 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM

We have a garden that is struggling to stay going because of the extreme wind & heat we are having.

We are making our own carnival games for our family carnival day we are planing on having.

sadiebug1228
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Awesome! We used to have a garden out here that our grandmother did but she's getting too old and it takes to much water out of our well to keep watering lol and I have the complete opposite of a green thumb I can't even keep a rock alive :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmath
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 8:56 PM

That is so cool!  We don't have anywhere to garden, but I would love to be able to.  We are going to do some summer fun activities with water, nothing elaborate.  Just fun stuff to get him interested in doing more stuff during the year.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 21, 2013 at 9:01 PM
We are doing a small garden here at home, and a large garden in my fathers field.
Other than that, I'm planning a lot of field trips for summer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM

love it!

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I hope lots of things grow.

coala
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I wish I had the space to do something like that.  I hope you guys get to grow a lot this summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)