Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Where to purchase curriculum? HELP

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am looking into getting both Saxon Math and Sing, Spell, Read, Write (Kindergarten) for this summer & already just those two items seem
So expensive brand new.

I have looked into getting them used at consignment shops & I'm finding great prices but partial product.

Any suggestions?
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Try here:  http://homeschoolclassifieds.com/default.asp

Good luck and welcome!

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM
eBay usually has some deals too.
LocoCountryMama
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Check your local co-op, mine has a used curriculum sale every summer.
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I have gotten things used at our co-op, but that's over for the summer now. Also it's only open to co-op members, so there's that.

I have also gotten used curriculum from ebay, and the homeschooling area of diaperswappers.com's forums.

If you do swagbucks, you can earn Amazon gift cards, which can decrease the cost of the items you want to buy.

I have an Amazon credit card which got me $30 off the first time I used it. You could do that and then never use it again. I do use mine (pay it off each  month so no interest) because the $ I spend rack up into $ I can spend on Amazon. It's also in many ways easier to just use the Amazon credit card for gas, groceries, etc, then have ONE bill to pay per month, than keeping track of dozens of debit purchases coming out of my checking account.

mommy4lyf
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
You can print out the whole curriculum for less at www.education.com
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM
What grade Saxon math are you looking for? I have grade one complete sitting here not being used. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
julesjerry
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I bought complete curriculum book for my kindergartener at Costco for $11.

Also i have put together the curriculum in a file. http://education44children.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/kindergarten-curriculum/

newmomof1won
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Quoting Boobah:

What grade Saxon math are you looking for? I have grade one complete sitting here not being used. Lol

Can you pm me? I would love to know how much you'd like for it & if its a full set for Saxon level one or a partial & if it is in new or used condition.
newmomof1won
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Quoting julesjerry:

I bought complete curriculum book for my kindergartener at Costco for $11.

Also i have put together the curriculum in a file. http://education44children.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/kindergarten-curriculum/

Thank you for sharing!
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)