Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Another thing I love about homeschooling

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 6 Replies
3 moms liked this

How you can use what your kids love to help teach them stuff.

My daughter loves Monster Jam trucks. . .she is 2 (almost 3 *sniffle*) & she knows them all by name. She watches them a lot, plays with her hot wheels ones. . .she just loves them all.

Yesterday we were at Hobby Lobby & we were walking by letter stickers...she points to a M & goes "mommy M for MADUSA " (in her Monster Jam voice which is just so funny . . . loud & drawn out lol).

So. . .she has inspired me. I'm going to work on some monster jam worksheets for her today. I'm going to make an ABC Monster Jam alphabet. She'll love it! :) I mean when I think about all we can do with them.. .colors, orders, numbers, patterns. . .i'm excited.

Here she is showing off part of her collection.  She's going to flip after her birthday as she's getting more & a HUGE Madusa (her favorite Monster truck)

"Sing it out, sing it out, take what is left of me & make it a melody, Sing it out, sing out loud, cant' find the words to sing, You 'd be my remedy, my soul, my soul, I'll sing with what's left of me" Switchfoot

by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kmath
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM

That is so awesome!  I love the Monster Jam Alphabet idea, she is going to love it!

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Lol adorable!
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I love that about homeschooling, too.
Britty1987
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Are you the one who made a post about your daughter having the Monster Jam cake? I think your worksheets are a great idea!
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on May. 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup. :) She's having a monster jam party next month.

Quoting Britty1987:

Are you the one who made a post about your daughter having the Monster Jam cake? I think your worksheets are a great idea!

"Sing it out, sing it out, take what is left of me & make it a melody, Sing it out, sing out loud, cant' find the words to sing, You 'd be my remedy, my soul, my soul, I'll sing with what's left of me" Switchfoot

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM

That is a great idea.  I love it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)