Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My homeschool area is done! Picture

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM
  • 31 Replies
9 moms liked this

I figure that since I started so many discussions about what everyones homeschool areas look like, I should probably post mine now that its done! We start next week! :)

by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy4lyf
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool!

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Looks great! Where do you store your materials?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clh1989
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bluecalm:

There is a closet behind where I took the picture from with things in it. The first box on the bookshelf has some manipulatives, play money, pattern blocks, and some other things for math. The second box is the science box with a microscope, magnet set, magnifying glass, slides, and other things that I am blanking on. All of the boxes are by subject matter and theyre full of hands on things to learn with. 

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I am trying to figure out how to store all my materials. :)

Quoting Clh1989:

Quoting Bluecalm:

There is a closet behind where I took the picture from with things in it. The first box on the bookshelf has some manipulatives, play money, pattern blocks, and some other things for math. The second box is the science box with a microscope, magnet set, magnifying glass, slides, and other things that I am blanking on. All of the boxes are by subject matter and theyre full of hands on things to learn with. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmath
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM

That looks great!  I can't wait to get started on our area.  I finally cleared out all the stuff I needed to get rid of so we could start reorganizing the house. 

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

That looks awesome.  One time many years ago I had a school area but that just never worked for us. The children were always wherever I was.  In the kitchen, bedroom, outside, whatever. lol  

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute! Love it!

Clh1989
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I'm sure I will rearrange things 100 more times lol!

Quoting Bluecalm:

I am trying to figure out how to store all my materials. :)

Quoting Clh1989:

Quoting Bluecalm:

Clh1989
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bren_darlene:

That looks awesome.  One time many years ago I had a school area but that just never worked for us. The children were always wherever I was.  In the kitchen, bedroom, outside, whatever. lol  

Thats what I think will happen! We are starting every day with the calendar and weather so he can learn about those things, but I think we will end up all over the place, too! Everything we have planned is completely hands on. Most of the time we will actually be doing things so I think this area will be more of a starting point. 

We took these past couple of months and unschooled both of us. He was in a formal preschool and I have 5 years of college in early childhood ed under my belt. It was actually hindering me and not helping me, so we had to take a step back before we even started. I'm glad we did because he has learned a ton from the little bit I have done with him so far. 

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Looking great

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)