Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

When you have NO space...?

Posted by   + Show Post

DD's only two and I have started some preschooling with her (nothing too terribly serious just yet) but we have NO space. I have no room in her tiny room for a desk or table. All we have is a dining room table. We have no storage space except some room in the pantry to keep some art supplies. I wish I had a place I could set up as a schooling area but we just don't. How do you homeschool when you just have a table? Anybody out there have no space?

by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Replies (21-23):
JTE11
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Thank you very much! I will have to learn the fine art of shoehorning supplies into my house, lol. I only have the one DD now so hopefully that will mean I don't have tons of curriculum.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Our living room is longer one direction, so we used a couch/sectional to seperate the room.   About 2/3rd of it is living room and behind the couch, we've put three narrow two-door pantries for our HSing stuff plus a small oval table.   I have three that I HS right now on three different levels.   I'm doing KG this year coming with one.. 4th grade... and 6th grade.   I also have the baby (11 months)...

My 3 pantries are completely full.   And that's not even our craft stuff, it's mostly just curriculum, resources, paper, curriculum that some have grown out of that I'm keeping for others...etc.   Our craft supplies are in a 3-drawer rolling cart in the dining room and a huge crate of stuff like egg cartons and such that I keep in my room for special projects.

Our home isnt huge.. it's a 3 br older ranch home.   Basement is wet, garage is old and not very insulated.  Bedrooms are kinda small for two people per bedroom.   No extra space except the little bit in the living room we carved out.

I definately don't need everything that we have, but with three different levels of instruction going on, it's helpful to keep us going and to save things from one child to the next.

I've seen a good system done with underbed storage boxes that some one kept on heavy duty shelves above their main-floor laundry.

Jlee4249
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Clipboards work just as well as any table... Making any space their work area. Mine sometimes sit upside down on the couch, lay on their beds, or wherever they want w/their clipboard & papers.
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM
We do not either I had to make my living room smaller I have rap around I had to put on piece on the front porch littler books stands smaller tots. I have use my front porch living room and the kitchen sometimes their bedrooms

Quoting JTE11:

DD's only two and I have started some preschooling with her (nothing too terribly serious just yet) but we have NO space. I have no room in her tiny room for a desk or table. All we have is a dining room table. We have no storage space except some room in the pantry to keep some art supplies. I wish I had a place I could set up as a schooling area but we just don't. How do you homeschool when you just have a table? Anybody out there have no space?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN