Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
If you could only teach one two or three subjects which would you pick and why?
by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
gratefulgal
by on May. 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Language arts, math and science. You could incorporate geography and history into all three of those subjects. Actually, you could make music into them, too, due to sound waves, echo,  and reasons behind the construction of the different instruments (science), beats and syncopation/ rhythm (math) and lyrics to songs and stories being set to music could count as Language Arts. Social studies could easily be incorporated into LAnguage arts due to reading and making stories, and also math b/c you can make models of different events or places. In fact, this post brings up a good point. It really helps to incorporate some or most of your "extra" subjects into your core ones because it saves time and it helps cement the facts. It's one time when doing two things at once actually works out! lol. This is literally the only way I make it through the day. :)

lil_mama06
by on May. 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Bible,reading and math.. 

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Bible isn't really a subject in our house, it's a way of life.   Infact, I haven't "taught" bible itself the past two years...

So as long as we could keep incorporating Bible into their lives...

I would teach English with an emphasis on grammar and writing...   Math... and Science.    It would be hard NOT teaching social studies, but science is such a force now-a-days.   My eldest girl is very mathmatical and science oriented and that is her projected field of study.   My next is a boy, and he's very technically minded and wants to know about computers, robotics, etc...   Plus, I like to teach science with a Christian worldview.   They have their lives to hear what the world says about science, I want to teach them what God says about it.   I want to teach them to be able to weed out fact from theory.

jen2150
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Science, History, and Math. They cover pretty much everything. They are also so much fun to study. I use these subjects to teach almost everything. You can even use math to teach art and vice versa. When done right these subjects can really inspire children to learn.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Reading, math, and critical thinking.  If you can do those, you've got the world at your fingertips.

usmom3
by BJ on May. 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Reading, writing & math. All subjects can be learned independently but learning those tree first makes learning everything else a little easier.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Reading and Math for me too. There is a reason slave owners forbid literacy among their slaves. Reading was their key to freedom, I can't think of anything more powerful than that.

bether89
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Reading, math, and music.  Reading can cover many subjects.  Math because it is a basic skill that I feel is necessary.

mrs.hartman12
by on May. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

History, government and music. Those are my best subjects lol. 

wowguildmomma
by on May. 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Reading, Math, Geography (cause its technically a history and earth science in 1)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN