Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

"I don't buy my kids name brands"

Posted by   + Show Post

We had a wedding this weekend and there was a couple sitting at the same table as us  who we didn't know.  Well a conversation started about name brands.  This couple stated that they don't buy their kids name brands, the guys saying this while he's wearing an Under Armour sweatshirt. Seriously this guy was trying so hard to act like they have it all but don't spoil their kids. It was funny because one of his boys actually says how much he likes Nike. They all had some noticeable piece of clothing on that was a name brand. They couldn't help braging about how they just bought a new camper and a new truck to haul it and all this other crap, I was ready to change tables!

I really don't care what my kids wear. I do buy certain things because I know they last or are comfortable. Both my kids have Under Armour, Nike, Adidas among other name brands. We don't show off or say we only buy certain expensive clothing. My youngest loves Target leggings, I like their layering Ts but I also will only buy their yoga pants at the Gap or Old Navy only because that is what fit my girls and I've tried other brands and they don't hold up.

I have a sister in law that brags that her 7 year old will only wear clothes from Abercrombie. That's such a joke no kid that young will only wear a certain name brand, they wear that because it's been drilled into their head (which is what my SIL does)

What do you think? Do you only buy name brand? 

by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Replies (41-44):
mom2boys6711
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I bargian shop, ALOT. I either shop at Walmart, Goodwills or yard sales. I also get hand me downs from family and friends. I just don't see the point in name brands that cost a ton of moeny. I have 3 kids to buy for.

My bil is the same way. They have one kid and they (along with bil's mom) spoil him with everything he wants. Bil has no problem bragging out it either. I usually just ignore him.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I buy whatever I think is cute. Lol. I don't buy logo gear, like shirts and stuff with the swoosh on it, but if I find a pair of Adidas that fits well and is cheap I'll buy them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Im to cheap to buy clothes, my kids wear hand-me-downs..lol

NorthStar09
by on May. 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Eh. I like certain brands, for quality and for style. I refuse to wear or have my DD wear cheap big box store clothes. Not only are they poor quality, usually not very good-looking or well-fitted, but they're almost guaranteed to have been made under horrifying conditions in the third world.

Certain brands are like that too, Nike for instance, but because of being in the public eye, there's often much more accountability for name brands in terms of ethics and sourcing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN