Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are some things you consider essential for homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am not talking curriculum, more other things like art supplies, games, flashcards, pencils, and other stuff you use.  What are some things you really couldn't do without? 

by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
tennisgal
by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM

This is my new idea for this year. How do you keep yourself organized with the different planners?? How many kids do you have?? 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

White board
magnetic board
a PLANNER for each kid!! 
A camera. 
Erasers. 
Our math manipulatives (we really could not function without them!)
Lapdesks

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 3 kids.  I use a planner for myself with the stuff that we will all do together in it.  Then I write assignements in each of their planners each day.  They have a stamp marker and stamp next to the assignments as they complete them and then I put a sticker beside the marker stamp when it has been "graded".  They aren't finished with their day unless everything has a stamp and a sticker.  We use the student planners from Green Room Eco because it has a month spread and a page for notes at the beginning of each month, then it has a page spread for each week (so plenty of space for all assignments for the day), It has tabs for each month so it's easy to find where you are in the year.  And the back has places for addresses, conversion charts, and a world map which really comes in handy.

I keep track of their units on the month spread, I highlight each subject in its own color (math green, reading pink, etc) so they can look ahead.  My youngest does not have his own planner this year (he's 4 and cannot read his assignments yet) but next year he will.  Then on the notes page I write out what I'll need to photo-copy each Monday, what I need to gather for the week or month, etc.  It really helps me to plan ahead!

Quoting tennisgal:

This is my new idea for this year. How do you keep yourself organized with the different planners?? How many kids do you have?? 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

White board
magnetic board
a PLANNER for each kid!! 
A camera. 
Erasers. 
Our math manipulatives (we really could not function without them!)
Lapdesks

oredeb
by on May. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

maps!! lots of them,

newsprint paper rolls

dictionary

atlas's

pencils

paper

art supplies

microscope

chalkboard

table

couch

my back yard

documentries

library

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

If my school supplies were on fire, I would try to save the whiteboard first! Seriously. Then probably my 3 hole punch, globe, the Ticonderoga pencils, and the clipboards. These are the things I consistentlyuse the most.

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM

LOL, love the way you put it.  Seems like a whiteboard is a must have for most people.  I will be using the one on my sons art easel for now and if that doesn't work I will get a new one. 

Quoting Leissaintexas:

If my school supplies were on fire, I would try to save the whiteboard first! Seriously. Then probably my 3 hole punch, globe, the Ticonderoga pencils, and the clipboards. These are the things I consistentlyuse the most.

usmom3
by BJ on May. 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Computer,tablets, internet, printer, all kinds of art supplies, library card & a car to go places!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

pencils, paper and books.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

pencils

I really love my dry erase board.  I made do with a little one from the dollar store for a long time, but it was such a pain.  Now I have a bigger one I can pop into the windowsill for use with lessons.

Knightquester
by on May. 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Basic supplies, my printer that can scan and copy, and at least one computer.

Precious333
by Julia on May. 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Stick in the sand for us, something to write/draw on and with, everything else are nice editions, they arent essentials.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN