Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some things you consider essential for homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am not talking curriculum, more other things like art supplies, games, flashcards, pencils, and other stuff you use.  What are some things you really couldn't do without? 

by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Replies (21-26):
lucsch
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My computer for researching curriculum.

Kindle

For little ones, a movable clock for learning to tell time, ruler with inches and millimeters/centimeters, change or fake coins, primary lined marker board and low odor markers, washable markers, pencils, crayons, watercolors or tempura paints, CD or MP3 player, library card, picture books, primary lined paper, ball, jump rope, globe, various games that encouraging number, counting, and color recognition, puzzles, good phonics program with beginner readers, items to sort by color or size.

wowguildmomma
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

minecraft. 

the kids map out on graph paper what they will build and then get to get on game and build it. Oldest DS got too old for most the ad free sites we had for them and i can't find anything affordable for a 9-10 year old that doesn't cost me a fortune

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I was actually thinking today that I could make a learning game out of Minecraft somehow!  Thanks for the idea!  DS plays it all the time so I figured I could find a way to work it in to our schedule.  :)

Quoting wowguildmomma:

minecraft. 

the kids map out on graph paper what they will build and then get to get on game and build it. Oldest DS got too old for most the ad free sites we had for them and i can't find anything affordable for a 9-10 year old that doesn't cost me a fortune

bether89
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Maps, rulers, dictionary, thesaurus, notebooks, markers, pencils, crayons, paint, dry erase board, books, file folders, glue, construction paper, scissors, sidewalk chalk, and computer with internet access.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My laptop & ipad.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Good art supplies, lots of paper, good quality wooden toys, a library card, kitchen/cooking supplies, access to outdoors
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)