Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Report cards?

Posted by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 6 Replies
My son needs a report card with his final grades for first grade before he can be enrolled into public school.

I'm at a loss as to how I will make this when he hasn't been graded for anything
by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
usmom3
by BJ on May. 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Just find a report card template & go over all the things that you did with him & create a letter grade for it.

If you don't mind me asking why are you putting him in PS instead of continuing homeschooling?

BraydensMama163
by on May. 28, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Well I have a new baby coming in December and I don't think I could handle two little ones while teaching my oldest. That and, he fights me.over it all. We hardly get any work done because he dang near refuses to do it.

Quoting usmom3:

Just find a report card template & go over all the things that you did with him & create a letter grade for it.

If you don't mind me asking why are you putting him in PS instead of continuing homeschooling?

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Honestly he is only going to be in 1st grade.  You won't need to do hardly any school at all!!  I tell many people to not worry about any curriculum until 2nd grade.  If you want to keep you precious ones at home to educate them just do a very easy "school" this year :-)    Public school in itself can bring up many problems.

BraydensMama163
by on May. 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM
He will be going into second grade.

Quoting bren_darlene:

Honestly he is only going to be in 1st grade.  You won't need to do hardly any school at all!!  I tell many people to not worry about any curriculum until 2nd grade.  If you want to keep you precious ones at home to educate them just do a very easy "school" this year :-)    Public school in itself can bring up many problems.

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Even so very little time is needed for elementary grades.  That is if you are interested in keeping him home.  If not then I wish you the best and you can try what the first reply suggested.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

He will be going into second grade.

Quoting bren_darlene:

I am a stay at home,  home educating, non-vaxingmother to many children :)  And a very happy wife to a wonderful man!!!

usmom3
by BJ on May. 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Would you like to continue homeschooling & feel that you just can't? If so we can help you find a way to make it work but if you are just done with it then we will respect your decision. I would like to help you if you want it!

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Well I have a new baby coming in December and I don't think I could handle two little ones while teaching my oldest. That and, he fights me.over it all. We hardly get any work done because he dang near refuses to do it.

Quoting usmom3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN