Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Core Knowledge Series (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone read/used the core knowledge series. It's the books called "What your (insert grade here) needs to know" Example: "what your second grader needs to know". I plan to use AOP but was looking at these as a nice resource guide. So anyone, Thoughts, reviews, warnings?

by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
irvinehiker
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I have used them in  the past.  I would not reccomend using them as a curriculum but they are nice for reference.  There's lots of good info in them for parent and child.  My kids found the history stories interesting.  If you are interested I have three of them I would love to get rid of.  PM me if you are interested.  :)

craftyzenmom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Hi! I'm a mom of 3 and going into my 4th yr. (have 13 yo twin sons and a 10 yo daughter). I love this series and have used it as the foundation of my curriculum since I started. I dislike textbooks and so do my kids, they are all GATE kids, so to make sure I'm hitting the marks I use these books as a guide. I really like the approach to humanities as a whole from the early grades up and the common sense math is a nice reminder about why we do math in the first place sometimes. I think they have a real place in the discussion about "common core" curriculum. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)