Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Family Programming

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 15 Replies

It is the summer and with the summer comes a lot of pre-empting of regular programming for sports.

Do you get annoyed when your shows are pre-empted for things like tennis opens and basketball playoffs?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! I hate sports programing, people should go out & play the games themselves instead of sitting on their duffs & stuffing their faces watching someone else playing it!

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Seriously, that was kinda harsh.  I happen to love watching baseball.  Doesn't mean I don't get out and play it too!  I don't like that other shows get pre-empted for sports though.  I don't like it when they pre-empted for other things like the Grammy's and stuff either though.

Quoting usmom3:

Yes! I hate sports programing, people should go out & play the games themselves instead of sitting on their duffs & stuffing their faces watching someone else playing it!

usmom3
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

It might have come off harsh & I am sorry that it did but I live in Texas & the biggest sports fans here are the fattest & laziest of the bunch.

I hate the awards shows too! It is like really you all are multimillionaires & now we have to stroke your egos on how good you are at your job! Most of the actors that win don't even win because they are good they win because they are popular.

Quoting kmath:

Seriously, that was kinda harsh.  I happen to love watching baseball.  Doesn't mean I don't get out and play it too!  I don't like that other shows get pre-empted for sports though.  I don't like it when they pre-empted for other things like the Grammy's and stuff either though.

Quoting usmom3:

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:10 PM

It's cool, I love sports though the only one I am huge on watching is Baseball.  I am NOT fat and lazy though so not one of the ones you were talking about.  :)

I agree about the awards shows, most of them are more a popularity contest than anything!

Quoting usmom3:

It might have come off harsh & I am sorry that it did but I live in Texas & the biggest sports fans here are the fattest & laziest of the bunch.

I hate the awards shows too! It is like really you all are multimillionaires & now we have to stroke your egos on how good you are at your job! Most of the actors that win don't even win because they are good they win because they are popular.

Quoting kmath:

Quoting usmom3:

jen2150
by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, the only thing worse is politics.  It is bad enough by an athlete but seeing Obama's face is even worse.  we pre record everything so it can really mess things up.  Luckily it doesn't happen too often.

bluerooffarm
by Group Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 10:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Heehee, glad we don't watch tv.  Thinking of my youth when "the President's on!!  He's on every channel!  I'm gonna miss Full House!!"  Dated myself there, now didn't I?

coala
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:16 PM

No, I don't watch much during the day.

tiredmomfor2
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:48 AM
We don't watch Sports. But we are kind of bombed because a lot of our shows are off right now. This is the first time in probably 5 years that we have had any source of outside television and we are still getting used to shows coming and going. Lol
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM
This. We just don't watch enough TV for it too matter.

Quoting coala:

No, I don't watch much during the day.

Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I LOVE sports. I am a rabid sports fan who lives in Texas...lol Sports are a religion in my neck of the woods. Plus i have 3 boys who all have played competitively. We watch at home or go to the games. I don't mind shows being pre-empted for sports but I hate it for politics.

I remember how much I hated the State of the Union address growing up. It was on ALL the channels even PBS...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)