Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling support group

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this
Why is it so hard to find a support group? Is it important to be a part of a group?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

A homeschooling support group? Or a co-op?

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM
3 moms liked this

I consider this a support group, and to me it is essential.  Are you talking about a local one?

polka.dot.
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree, it is very important to have a support system , i am new to this group but i love to talk to other moms in here ,it is a great start to a support system, or you could start your own . If you go to church, just ask around, talk to childrens services, parenting groups in your local area to find out if they have groups or if you could start one

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this
I think it depends on your situation. Online support is really all I need, but that's the way I am. Some people thrive with the face to face.
oredeb
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

you asked is it important to be part of a group, depends on what you want to join a group for,

why are you having a problem finding one bautfu?

mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Same here.

Quoting mem82:

I think it depends on your situation. Online support is really all I need, but that's the way I am. Some people thrive with the face to face.

Countess79
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I see not "importance" aside from getting answers to questions or sharing ideas..

On facebook I know of several!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I love my boards , like this one.

I do belong to several FB and yahoo groups that are local to where I live and there are tons of field trips, and park days and activities for those that want face time. I do activities with them randomly. I just set up a field trip to a timber wolf educational center and we had over 100 homeschoolers attend on 3 different days.

We are so busy with sports (karate and gymnastics) and church and Boy Scouts that we don't have a ton of time for the Homeschool groups.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM
What type of support are you looking for? Are you looking to talk to someone or looking to identify with someone else and a similar situation or experience?
arwalters
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to join a local one to make like-minded friends and for socialization for ds
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)