Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it so hard to find a support group? Is it important to be a part of a group?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Since i'm new to the whole Homeschooling thing. I have alot of questions.

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Same here.

Quoting mem82:

I think it depends on your situation. Online support is really all I need, but that's the way I am. Some people thrive with the face to face.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM
What's a co op?

Quoting hipmomto3:

A homeschooling support group? Or a co-op?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I have looked for support groups on FB none are from my area. :-(

Quoting Countess79:

I see not "importance" aside from getting answers to questions or sharing ideas..

On facebook I know of several!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I'm going to try to do the search on yahoo to see if I can find one there.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I love my boards , like this one.

I do belong to several FB and yahoo groups that are local to where I live and there are tons of field trips, and park days and activities for those that want face time. I do activities with them randomly. I just set up a field trip to a timber wolf educational center and we had over 100 homeschoolers attend on 3 different days.

We are so busy with sports (karate and gymnastics) and church and Boy Scouts that we don't have a ton of time for the Homeschool groups.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJ-47
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM
All I have is CM groups, though it isn't the same as a real life group. Small town livin', with females that won't give me the time of day, make it extremely difficult to find groups for my Son and I. Sigh.
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Someone who has experience who can help me

Quoting kirbymom:

What type of support are you looking for? Are you looking to talk to someone or looking to identify with someone else and a similar situation or experience?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:33 PM
This would be nice too if I could find one

Quoting arwalters:

I want to join a local one to make like-minded friends and for socialization for ds

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Thats interesting

Quoting bren_darlene:

Everyone is different.  I was a part of a homeschool support group for my first 2 yrs of home educating but for the past 18 yrs I haven't been.   :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I hope I have the you did.

Quoting oahoah:

I found my homeschool mom's groups through Yahoo and was lucky to have found them.  I think it depends on the person as far as importance of being in a group. I found a couple great ones before I started and this is going into our 3rd year and we still meet pretty regularly (2-3 different groups, once a month) and it has just been nice for me to hear from "mentor" or veteran moms who have been through this before as well as "new" moms like me who are in the same stages of life. Sometimes homeschooling can get isolating and I tend to be more of an introvert so I really have to push myself to get to the group nights and am always glad I do. I have made some new friends and it is just a comfortable place to discuss mom issues or homeschool issues.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I will search to see if I can find something on line

Quoting kmath:

I'm sorry hon.  There aren't any close to me either.  So all my support is online.  Maybe you will find some other HSing families near you even if there isn't an organized group.

Quoting BautifuHart9699:

I LOVE this group. I've gotten so much help from this group in the short pd. of time i've been a part of it. I mean a local group. I don't know what i'm doing. The support groups where I live are too far. I don't have a car. :-(

Quoting kmath:

I consider this a support group, and to me it is essential.  Are you talking about a local one?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)