Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Why is it so hard to find a support group? Is it important to be a part of a group?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Replies (51-59):
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I will look into that website right now. :-)

Quoting arwalters:

http://www.home-school.com/groups/PR.html

I found this one for you, looks like there are a few support groups there. Good luck!

Quoting BautifuHart9699:

I live in Puerto Rico. It has taken me 4yrs to be able to get to the point where I am now. People don't have info about Homeschooling like that. But I will do the search on google to see if I can find something.

Quoting arwalters:

I've found a couple online and will join one soon I think. Also maybe ask around your neighborhood and church to see if anyone else is homeschooling. Google homeschool in your town, maybe something will come up. If there is a mom's club, more than likely someone in the group hs or knows someone who does. Gl

Quoting BautifuHart9699:

This would be nice too if I could find one

Quoting arwalters:

I want to join a local one to make like-minded friends and for socialization for ds

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Ok will check it out. Always open in learning about things. :-)

Quoting jen2150:

This may help explain them a little better. http://www.fpea.com/what-is-a-homeschool-co-op/

The one I run is parent run. Parents volunteer and pay a small fee for supplies. We meet at the local library so there are no room costs.

Quoting BautifuHart9699:

What's co op?

Quoting jen2150:

I have great online and local support.  I do not know what I would do without my local support.  I wouldn't say you need it but when I meet with our friends I feel so much better.  I also run my own co-op and I absolutely love giving help to new homeschoolers.  It can be tough finding your way when you first start especially when your kids are older.  I strongly suppest homeschoolers check yahoo for local groups or start your own.  You can decide how much you are involved.  Local advice can be really helpful.  I am also very social and so are my kids.  We have about 3 weekly co-ops and love them all.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Wow

Quoting sdgd21:

It really is the hardest. My first 6 months I cried daily! Lol hand in there!

Quoting BautifuHart9699:

I hope it does get better. I'm SOOOOOOO stressed out.

Quoting mem82:

The first year is always the hardest. 8)

Quoting Pumamama:

love this answer. New at homeschooling, too. And this is so comforting--and true!

Quoting mem82:

What state are you in? You aren't lost. You are at the very beginning. 8) you haven't even taken a step so nothing you have done or not done is wrong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm pretty sure once I have everything under control I will have enough time. If I choose to do a group I will make sure i'll have help.

Quoting sdgd21:

I understand that. So easy to start. It's just take up a but of time. And as your starting out, you may not have much time. Lol

Quoting BautifuHart9699:

I will once I get the hang of Homeschooling. But I'm just starting myself.

Quoting sdgd21:

Start one :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. :-)

Quoting hipmomto3:

A homeschooling support group? Or a co-op?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Thank you. I think of this to be a group as well. Take care. :-)

Quoting kmath:

I consider this a support group, and to me it is essential.  Are you talking about a local one?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Thank you for your input it's very appreciated. :-)

Quoting polka.dot.:

i agree, it is very important to have a support system , i am new to this group but i love to talk to other moms in here ,it is a great start to a support system, or you could start your own . If you go to church, just ask around, talk to childrens services, parenting groups in your local area to find out if they have groups or if you could start one

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I look forward to your responds. You are very helpful and positive. THANK YOU. :-)

Quoting mem82:

I think it depends on your situation. Online support is really all I need, but that's the way I am. Some people thrive with the face to face.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BautifuHart9699
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Thank you for your respond it helps me feel Alot better. :-)

Quoting oredeb:

you asked is it important to be part of a group, depends on what you want to join a group for,

why are you having a problem finding one bautfu?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)