Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

S/O Post: Do you remember what YOU wanted to be?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 24 Replies

When you were little, do you remember what you wanted to be when you grew up?

Did you become that? 

by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staci1103
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Yes I wanted to be a nurse and thats what I became:)
JadeTigr7
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I wanted to be a lawyer, or an architect, a teacher, and a mother.  

I'm technically a teacher and a mother. :)  I still do house designs, but it's more a hobby, and with no real education on the subject. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I wanted to be a ballerina and I came very close.  Then I wanted to teach public school and I did for years.  Now I still teach and I teach some neighborhood girls ballet.

SusanTheWriter
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I wanted to be an actress. :)

Did a lot of amateur and community theatre. Enjoyed it. Don't do much anymore.

Then I realized that the whole time I was making my Barbies pretend to be actresses and writing down everything they should say, that I'd really been a writer for much longer than I realized.

Still writing. :)

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I wanted to be a lawyer or a marine biologist (it is funny now because I am scared to swim in the ocean).

I became nether of those, instead I am a Mom & wife that has devoted her life to her family & I love it!

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Depended on the age I was.  I wanted to be a teacher for a little while and I wanted to be in law enforcement.  I  am working towards my Criminology degree now.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Yep, I always wanted to be a mom. Even in jr high when we had to take those stupid tests to find out what you're good at, I never scored very high on any of them except the caretaker/nurturer category. I've never had career aspirations.

lucsch
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I wanted to be a mom and later, a veterinarian or doctor. Then I wanted to play in a symphony orchestra for the longest time, even after I chose engineering in college over music. I worked as a software engineer for 17 years. I've designed, written and sold crochet patterns, too. Now, at age 50, I am still not sure what I want to be when I grow up. LOL I really do not have any long-term dreams or goals, other than homeschooling my dd through high school. The only thing in the back of my head is maybe tutoring math. I've taught private flute lessons and now homeschooled for a long, long time. One-on-one tutoring never gets old or less enjoyable for me.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I wanted to be a teacher from very early on.  I stop taking education ed in college because I didn't to spend the rest of my day in a classroom.  Homeschooling has been the perfect solution for me.  I am able to teach and I am not stuck in a classroom.

AJ-47
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I'm a Mom, so yes, I became what I dreamed of becoming.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)