Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I wasn't going to do summer school, but I also have some things I wanted to do but was too busy this year to do. I want to start them up on piano again, and I just signed them up for a spanish class. I also want to continue memorizing bible verses. Do you think thats too much? I want them to have a break, but I want them to have these things too (for my 6 1/2 and 5 yr old).

by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Replies (11-17):
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
We go year around as well. We take breaks for vacation, sickness and when we just need a break.
Christie1952
by on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Do they want to learn piano? Do they want to speak Spanish? Learning is a forever thing, but when we learn things that interest us then it becomes fun and not school. What are they interested in? Lighten up!

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Mine are doing Key To Fractions workbooks this summer and we will keep doing our Science workbooks till they are done, but that's it. Well, other than their summer reading lists. But that only takes an hour or so, so it's not like its taking up their entire summer.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I've got a summer math book for my oldest. My youngest will not know actual summer vacation until he starts more formal schooling, so in the mean time we continue to work on reading now that he's finally showing interest!

misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

We school throughout summer (we do four days a week, five weeks on, one week off) and then we take from Halloween until after Christmas off.  

Precious333
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Our weeks look similar to you. We do 4-5 days a week, 6 weeks on and take a half days the next week.

Quoting misselphaba:

We school throughout summer (we do four days a week, five weeks on, one week off) and then we take from Halloween until after Christmas off.  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 7, 2013 at 1:16 PM
If things are boring, try doing some combo scoop info with jumping and hopping either with fun music or just you doing some funny impressions of them while they are doing school/gym/funtime. That works for us. :)

Quoting Precious333:

Thats kind of what i was thinking too, so far i have been so busy and we have just been doing boring errands lol

Quoting kirbymom:

This will be a summer where we do more than just our usual fun learning style. We will be doing some half days every day all summer long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)