Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It hasn't even been two weeks..

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 19 Replies
and I'm already back to lesson planning for this fall. lol
Half way finished with History. Science, Art, Music and Health are next. Trying to get as much planning done and laid out now..to save time this Fall/Winter. :) I think it will help me to stay focused and more on task with topics and unit studies.
We are supposed to pick things back up with Math, writing and reading in a couple weeks. However, they have each sat down to read a book everyday, have done art and writing projects on their own and have even done some science projects and exploration with minimal help from me. They are cruising right along this Summer. I may just go with the flow and enjoy a Summer of unschooling. Then we can pick it back up again this Fall.
Are you already planning for this Fall?
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina.2006
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I started that in April/May. I'm due at the beginning of July so I want things situated before then. All I have left is to actually lesson plan and order my last bit of curriculum :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Group Admin on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I start planning for the fall while my kids are still finishing up lessons from the spring!  LOL.  Although we only take a month break (June 15-July 15). 

ablessedlife
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I have been planning since March. Not lesson planning really, but course planning.
tiredmomfor2
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
lol Good to know I am not alone. Maybe I should clarify...I had everything for this coming year picked out and purchased before January. Still have a couple items I am eyeing. Mainly because I am a bookaholic and can't get enough. haha
The plan this year is to plan out each subject individually. So far with History I added up how many lessons we should need for the year. Then broke it down into lessons. I'm not putting dates or anything like that on them. The plan is to do the same with each subject. When we start back to school, I will do a weekly lesson plan..and pull from each subject.
That may not make any sense. lol It is more simple when it is setting in from of me. I hope it works like I think it will. :)
jen2150
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Yes, absolutely.  I have my curriculum all bought and planned out.  I have picked my two classes for co-op I will be teaching.  This summer I am going to write out all the plans for the two classes.  I will be teaching a creative math class and physics.  I have all my books for creative math bought.  It is going to be so much fun.  This Friday is our meeting for next year.  Fall will be here before we know it.  Summer always goes by so fast.  This summer will go even faster this year.

oredeb
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

no planning here yet, i always take off june and dont do anything school stuff at all, only type on here!! nothing else school related, then i start lesson planning, deciding what each child needs again in july-sept

101stwife
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Yep, planning here too. I will have 2 seventh graders and a kindergartener as well as a sophmore. Trying to decide if I want the oldest to continue with K12 or not.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Since this will be my first year I am still picking out what I want to use.  Though I will begin the actual lesson planning as soon as I start getting the books in.  I have an idea of how I want to do everything, I just have to see exactly how all the books pan out and then get it all organized.  Hoping to get started by July.

Aleshad01
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Yep, I have been getting ready for fall. Ordering new stuff and get excited waiting for it to come. Lol!
celticdragon77
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:12 PM

This lesson planning thing is concerning me... 

I have never done lesson planning. I didn't really need to. My oldest daughter homeschooled 6-8grade. She did K12, then Sonlight (heavily supplemented as needed), and then pieced together materials for the final year. My younger kids were young and it was SO EASY to pull things together for them. 

But it has been three years since I homeschooled. I pieced together their curriculum. Plus, the materials I used are not "laid out" like how they ever had been before. Which I LOVE- I prefer free stylin it with homeschooling. But, I probably should research resources and schedule them within our curriculum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)