Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Growing up one of the most exciting things for me was "back to school" shopping, I got all new clothes, which I would have needed anyways due to outgrowing the old but these clothes were special. My mom bade the rule that they couldn't be written until the first day of school, then we would get summer clothes at the end of the year...
Do you go back to school clothes shopping?
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Replies (11-19):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM

mmmmmmmmmmm office supply sales!!!!!!!!!! Oh and Target dollar bins rock for school stuff that time of year.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

We get clothes as needed throughout the year. I just bought DS1 a new swim suit and 3 shirts...lmao...his suit from last year was...umm...embarrassing!

We do get school supplies at BTS time. Can't beat the prices.

We also usually do something fun, usually a field trip, on back to school day.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I just realized that our beach trip will line up with the school's first day. Woot!

mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM
We don't have a choice because my son grows so fast after his tonsillectomy when he was 9. I remember getting rid of new pants in few months after school starts, from big kids size 18 to 20. Now he wears teens 36 inches waist pants and shirts adults XL.

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM

We don't do BTS shopping, but we do a special Tax Return shopping trip. Thats when they get new clothes, or supplies or what ever, other than the stuff they need throughout the year.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Oh yes ! The kids love going to get their clothes and supplies.  

celticdragon77
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

There are WAY better sales than the back to school ones. Some of the best sales are the ones prior to the advertised ones. I think it was llate November when I found some of my BEST deals this past year. They weren't advertised sales, at all. But, they had brand name items marked WAY down at the mall. And I don't mean those cheesy gimmick sales. 

Back to school sales can be pretty awesome when it comes to supplies though. 

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... Emerson 

RheaF
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM

We get a new outfit for the first day of co-op, and we stock up on supplies at back to school time.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM

we shop year round usually the most at the end of each season.  We do back to school shopping during the sales.  I love stapes sales before the school year starts.  They have great sales on supplies.   We do most of our clothes shopping at thrift stores.  We only buy new if we have to.

Momof697
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM

No We just buy them when they need them. Or when their allowance has burned a big enough hole in their pocket. My kids ages 7-14 buy their own clothes and shampoo and pay for their own way to camp. and any treats they want while we are out and about.  My 14 yr old needed clothes for a job she has this summer so she spent $300 for it. My 11yr old wanted more shirts so while we were out with grandparents she spent $90. My 7 yr old just likes pretty things so we went to Claires and she spent $50.  When they need or want it and they have enough money they get it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)