Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

We are officially starting today!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My 2 1/2 year old and I are starting "school" today. We've done a few art projects but this will be our first official day. I wanted to start in August but I am using Easy Peasy Getting Ready 1. It's 222 days and I was a little worried about having enough time to complete it. Well yesterday I picked up a PreK activity book on her level and decided to start a couple of months early! She is super excited and so am I. =)

Also, a semi-related question: for those of you that school year-round, when do you start a new curriculum, at the beginning or end of summer or just whenever they complete one?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (11-12):
Homeschoolmom10
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM

We homeschool year round. I have always done unit studies so once we are done with a unit we move to the next one. I have always created my own curriculum,  and it's worked out great so far. My daughter will be 6 this August. I have homeschooled her from birth. I am a teacher by trade so it's just a way of life for us. She doesn't know anything different. :) 

Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it. ~ Proverbs 22:6

family in the vanbreastfeedingteen girlhave a nice day

oredeb
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM

have a fun year mrs mller!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)