Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Differences between state law and district law update.

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hi sorry I'm not sure how to do an update on the original post. Well this is what I'm doing, I am sending the letter of intent with the statement of the homeschooling law in Rhode Island, I put in there that I do not want home visits or any testing for Destinay. I also typed the end of the year report. I also said to contact me by writing. I did not give my phone number or email. I have an acquaintance from my group to back me up. If they give me any drama then I will join hslda and get a lawyer. You know this is really annoying, all I want to do is teach my daughter. I don't ask them for anything, I don't borrow books, she doesn't do anything with the school system. I wish they would mind their own business. I Hope this doesn't progress any more then it is going. Thanks for the advice from all.
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Good luck hon.  Hopefully they won't be asshats about it and you won't have to get legal with them.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Good for you. Hopefully that will do it.

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM

If you join HSLDA they will leagaly represent you for all homeschooling related cases. So I would not retain a lawyer unless other things came up that HSLDA won't cover.

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM
That's what I plan on doing if there's any resistance on their part. I just want to wait and see for now. I just Hope things don't come down to it.

Quoting usmom3:

If you join HSLDA they will leagaly represent you for all homeschooling related cases. So I would not retain a lawyer unless other things came up that HSLDA won't cover.

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I know, this is irritating and Destinay overheard now her anxiety is up again and she's having problems sleeping.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Good for you. Hopefully that will do it.

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
The lady that I'm working with in my homeschooling group dealt with other districts like this. She said usually once you say about getting a lawyer, they usually back off.

Quoting kmath:

Good luck hon.  Hopefully they won't be asshats about it and you won't have to get legal with them.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Good luck!

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Thanks I need it.

Quoting mem82:

Good luck!

Homeschoolmom10
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Prayers

celticdragon77
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I am confused. I missed the original post. But good luck!! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)