Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Differences between state law and district law update.

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi sorry I'm not sure how to do an update on the original post. Well this is what I'm doing, I am sending the letter of intent with the statement of the homeschooling law in Rhode Island, I put in there that I do not want home visits or any testing for Destinay. I also typed the end of the year report. I also said to contact me by writing. I did not give my phone number or email. I have an acquaintance from my group to back me up. If they give me any drama then I will join hslda and get a lawyer. You know this is really annoying, all I want to do is teach my daughter. I don't ask them for anything, I don't borrow books, she doesn't do anything with the school system. I wish they would mind their own business. I Hope this doesn't progress any more then it is going. Thanks for the advice from all.
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Replies (11-12):
Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I really appreciate the prayers.

Quoting Homeschoolmom10:

Prayers

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Basically in a nutshell, the state law and my school district law clashes, the school district law is way more complicated then the state law. So I was confused who to listen to and made a post about the differences. Now I have more information, I'm going to listen to the state law, and tell them on my letter of intent the actual state law, and not come by my house testing Destinay. To contact me do it in writing. They did me wrong, but if there's any resistance then I'm joining the hslda and go further with a lawyer. Thanks for the good wishes.

Quoting celticdragon77:

I am confused. I missed the original post. But good luck!! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)