Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Autumn is staying home next year!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well, good news and bad news. She wasn't able to secure enough in scholarship awards to attend next year (did I mention the tuition is 20K a year? Yikes!). I thought she would be upset, but she isn't, lol.

To be fair, she waffled on wanting to go or not. Before we knew about the school, she was super excited about the new co-op we signed up for and to return, as well, to our old co-op, as well as her extracurriculars (which she would have had to drop if she went to the private school). I'm content with it... happy even. I had already shelled out hundreds for the co-op, lol.

So it looks like, as INITITALLY PLANNED, I'll have a K'er and a 7th grader at home next year. Oh, and the babe. Fun fun! Our schedule looks down right ridiculous between 2 co-ops and extracurriculars, but that's okay - we aren't homebodies.

Of course, that also means I need to get cracking on her curriculum planning. I had it started but had kind of put it aside while we were waiting for the "yay" or "nay" from the school. At least I have Ker's done :P

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I am sorry she didn't get in but glad she is just as excited to stay home.  Sounds like you guys are gonna be crazy busy!  Good luck with the curriculum planning!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Yay!! With a touch of nay... 8)

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Awesome and glad everyone is happy.  We are not homebodies either.  I love staying busy.  As long as I have my 3 days at home I am happy.  

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I'm glad it all works out that everyone is happy!

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Just what I was going to say!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I'm glad it all works out that everyone is happy!

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Oh well. Glad she wasn't upset. *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)