Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Our neighbor is moving out, nice guy but single and in graduate school so aside from some chit chat outside, we wont miss him too much! 

Am I the only one that when a neighbor moves out, starts praying for the new neighbors to be fun and friendly homeschoolers with lots of kids!? lol

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I live in a new development that was being built over the last few years. The last house finally sold, and all the while, those of us living here continued to pray for good neighbors, and those of use with kids, prayed for kids that were in the age ranges of our kids lol. We have a good balance of private, public, and homeschooled kids in our 48 lot subdivision lol. It's worked out perfectly so far - all the girls are right around my daughter's age, plus or minus 2 years, all the boys are my son's age, plus or minus a year or two as well. Everyone that had babies this year, they all had them literally weeks apart from one another.
There are only 2 neighbors we wish would leave, and if they ever do, I will continue to keep my fingers crossed for awesome neighbors, not jerk replacements lol.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Our neighborhood is finishing being built out and I pray that there are kids in there to be friends to my kids.  Our street has 3 babies, a second grader, a 4 year old, and a couple other kids of scattered ages, but none my kids' ages.  I love our neighbors, but on the one side is a childless couple and on the other is a couple with their kids all in college.  

mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Our new neighbor is not that close but their dog is doing his business in our yard which made us so mad.

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Ha! We have a house next door for sale and we are praying for a good family!
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish we owned our house and my mil didn't live with us, lol.  I wish she would just sell us this house although it needs a lot of work.

Anyway, lots of the neighbors are her neighbors (she's owned this house for 20 years) and she's not a very outgoing person so she jus keeps to herself.  We got new neighbors down the street (no one's houses are very close together, but we live on a dead end street in a great neighborhood) about 3 or 4 years ago maybe...we never really talked to them but sometimes I would see their DD out riding her bike in the middle of the day, then she was at the bus stop after school one day while I was there getting my kids-she was waiting for another neighbor girl-and I asked if she was homeschooled and how she liked it, told her I had considered it.  Then I would just see her once in a while and say hello. 

About a month ago I saw her at the middle school when I was picking up my DS and she told me she was going for an after school activity.  I always looked for the mom when I would walk to the bus stop, but she was usually in the backyard or inside.  So finally one day a few weeks ago, I left a note on their mailbox with my email address and phone number.  She emailed me that night and now she is like my bff, lol.  I was so excited when I met her, she is a lot like me and we just got along and talked all about homeschooling.  She is really great, I think I probably drive her nuts with all my questions though.

But anyway that is my exciting neighbor story, lol.  I wish I had gone up to meet her sooner, but I am all shy and I feel like these people aren't my neighbors, they are my MILs neighbors since this is really her house.  But these new people are my neighbors, lol, they are my age and we have a lot in common.  MIL wouldn't like them anyway.

MunchiesMom324
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh... this take me back to a couple of years ago... we had this CRAZY neighbor. Like, there wasn't any neighborhood drama going on so she slashed someone's pool liner all to crap and tried blaming it on random people, then tried assaulting a few other neighbors... We all breathed a sigh of relief when she moved out. Only to be replaced by an alcoholic whose wife chases his drunk ass around the yard at all hours of the day/night with a weedeater. He has the cops over at his house a MINIMUM of 3x/week. DH and I agree, our next house - we won't HAVE neighbors.
PEEK05
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM

LOL we don't own our own home so we have moved rentals too many times to really care about our neighbors too much.

BramblePatch
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
The next house down is 1/4 mile and its for sale. I pray for a family with sedate drivers and no teens. The current family has two teens and they both feel very entitled. They drive like maniacs, often doing 50+ on our 20mph dirt road, They are essentially from a famous family and the son is slated to be on the next olympic team in freeskiing. They have parties and drink alot. The dds friend rolled in our driveway and booze and pot were all over the yard. So I just want a nice retired couple, lol.
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:42 AM

That would be nice.  All of our neighbors are older couples. 

marrionsmommy
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Uggg we have had 3 sets of neighboors and everytime I pray for an only child homeschooler to move in....never happens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)