Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Well, here's my dirty secret

Posted by   + Show Post
I hate the summer because I don't like having to deal with the crowds of public schoolers. LOL I hate not being able to go to COSI without waiting in long lines. I hate going to parks and having to wait for swings to open up. What I hate the most about summer, though, is that all the poor public school kids are so excited to not be in school that they have turned into wild beasts running all over the place. LOL I know by August they will have calmed down but still, can I just not grocery shop in peace, people?
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Replies (31-37):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM

That is so cool you have chicks!  I wish we could but we live in town.  Can you post some pics for us so we can see how cute they are??

Quoting jen2150:

I hate the heat, crowded libraries, yard work.  and long lines when I go shopping as well.  I look forward to the libraries being empty once the kids go back to school.  I hate having to wash 30 dozen eggs per week.

I love our new chicks.  we just just hatched 5 peachicks and they are adorable.  I love the summer movie program.  I love getting fresh veggies, selling eggs in the park, and more time to take it easy.  We actaully see more friends during the school year.  We are usually doing a lot more work at home during the summer.  

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

My 5 new pea chicks
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Added the pic below. They hatched yesterday. I had to rescue the eggs from a raccoon. Their mother was defending her nest from a raccoon. they are both india blue peacocks but the father is white so some are brown, white and pied.
Quoting irvinehiker:

That is so cool you have chicks!  I wish we could but we live in town.  Can you post some pics for us so we can see how cute they are??

Quoting jen2150:

I hate the heat, crowded libraries, yard work.  and long lines when I go shopping as well.  I look forward to the libraries being empty once the kids go back to school.  I hate having to wash 30 dozen eggs per week.

I love our new chicks.  we just just hatched 5 peachicks and they are adorable.  I love the summer movie program.  I love getting fresh veggies, selling eggs in the park, and more time to take it easy.  We actaully see more friends during the school year.  We are usually doing a lot more work at home during the summer.  

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, They are such little cutie pies!!  :)

Quoting jen2150:

Mobile Photo

My 5 new pea chicks

mhaney03
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Then plan here is to school through summer.. It's too hot to do anything outside anyway.. last summer we had two weeks straight with triple digit heat.  We'll take our breaks when it's actully nice in spring and fall and do things when others are in school.

arwalters
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Yes, I feel like we stay home more in the summer, lol
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Same here..... :)

Quoting usmom3:

I am right there with you. I hate the crowds & all the extra traffic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN