Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Well, here's my dirty secret

Posted by   + Show Post
I hate the summer because I don't like having to deal with the crowds of public schoolers. LOL I hate not being able to go to COSI without waiting in long lines. I hate going to parks and having to wait for swings to open up. What I hate the most about summer, though, is that all the poor public school kids are so excited to not be in school that they have turned into wild beasts running all over the place. LOL I know by August they will have calmed down but still, can I just not grocery shop in peace, people?
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I hear you!!  Every summer my house becomes Grand Central Station.  Our house seems to be the neighborhood hangout.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:41 AM
This what our house is turning into. There are several little boys that Cole plays with that likes to play in our back yard.

Quoting irvinehiker:

I hear you!!  Every summer my house becomes Grand Central Station.  Our house seems to be the neighborhood hangout.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I know!

Quoting kmath:

I don't like the crowds in the summer, not just kids, but adults and college students as well.  DS and I go to certain amusement parks and they are ridonkulous over the summer and the beaches are crowded as well.  Tourists every-freaking-where!  LOL, I do like that DS has plenty of kids to play with at all times of the day.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I hate crowds!

Quoting usmom3:

I am right there with you. I hate the crowds & all the extra traffic.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I know, right?

Quoting Precious333:

Lol 

The luxuries of homeschooling!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh that would annoy the heck out if me!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Yep.  Also we live in the middle of the "wild area" and the middle and high schoolers get turned loose on 4-wheelers!  Argh!  I miss my peace and quiet and letting the kids go play in the orchard.  We've walked in on drinking parties and skinny dippers in the summer too.  Sigh.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Spoiled is exactly what I am!

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Yes, I get spoiled to having parks and museums to ourselves. Frankly, I find the great majority of ps kids to be loud, obnoxious, and ill mannered. Fortunately, here in Texas, it's lake weather from May through most of October, so we do get plenty of lake time to ourselves.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Me, too! Lol

Quoting sdgd21:

Lol, I thought was just me.
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I hate summer because it is so dang hot and humid here. I cannot WAIT to leave Florida for good. My friend in Wisconsin texted me yesterday that it was "so hot." How hot? 77. LOL. I wanted to reach through the phone and pinch her. I've been stuck in my house for two weeks because it is 900 degrees and I need a spoon to breathe the air outside.
One thing that is really awful is the teenagers who flood all the parks in the summer time to vandalize the grounds, and bully, harass, and assault other kids. It isn't safe for anyone.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM
That's terrible. I have heard this before about Florida and the teenagers, actually. 8( my grandparents in law live down there and told me the humidity was terrible.

Quoting tuffymama:

I hate summer because it is so dang hot and humid here. I cannot WAIT to leave Florida for good. My friend in Wisconsin texted me yesterday that it was "so hot." How hot? 77. LOL. I wanted to reach through the phone and pinch her. I've been stuck in my house for two weeks because it is 900 degrees and I need a spoon to breathe the air outside.

One thing that is really awful is the teenagers who flood all the parks in the summer time to vandalize the grounds, and bully, harass, and assault other kids. It isn't safe for anyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN