Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Well, here's my dirty secret

Posted by   + Show Post
I hate the summer because I don't like having to deal with the crowds of public schoolers. LOL I hate not being able to go to COSI without waiting in long lines. I hate going to parks and having to wait for swings to open up. What I hate the most about summer, though, is that all the poor public school kids are so excited to not be in school that they have turned into wild beasts running all over the place. LOL I know by August they will have calmed down but still, can I just not grocery shop in peace, people?
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

The movie theaters are pack with loud kids but my son with autism was quite. What's wrong with the picture?

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:51 PM
It was so nice to go to Chuck E. Cheese without any other kids there. Destinay had a great time, and I didn't leave with a headache.
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM

LOL , I have said the same thing for 20 yrs.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Ditto. The library is ALWAYS packed in the summer - they have activities almost every day - and it's such a pain in the bootie to go there. Same for the grocery. I don't really mind shopping with  my kids with me - not ideal, but they are pretty good about it - but during the summer there is NO WAY. I'll go late at night or early in the morning so I don't have to take them with me. It's just too crowded, noisy, and busy.

Aleshad01
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Lol! I know!
coala
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:47 PM

We haven't gotten out much in the last few weeks.  I haven't noticed the influx of the rude kids.  The one thing I like about the summer is that both of my kids can attend a camp occasionally and I get a break, and the library has a TON of stuff going on that they are participating in.

oredeb
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:11 PM

hahahaha its that way here all the time! i grocery shop late at night since moving to the big  city, we cant camp anywhere around here cuz its so crowded, people everywhere, at least we find a little peace on the columbia or lewis rivers unless its a holiday! we cant go to any of the parades, events downtown cuz its soooo crowded! and finding a parking place here is impossible, even going to the good will is impossible!! this is all year round!

101stwife
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I am the exact opposite. I love summer and am glad to see all of the kids out of school and having fun. I love when my kid's friends come over to play, hang out and have sleep overs. I love that they are all having fun and being kids.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I hate the heat, crowded libraries, yard work.  and long lines when I go shopping as well.  I look forward to the libraries being empty once the kids go back to school.  I hate having to wash 30 dozen eggs per week.

I love our new chicks.  we just just hatched 5 peachicks and they are adorable.  I love the summer movie program.  I love getting fresh veggies, selling eggs in the park, and more time to take it easy.  We actaully see more friends during the school year.  We are usually doing a lot more work at home during the summer.  

wowguildmomma
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I agree on the crowds and such. Summer is pretty much the only time the local stuff opens so everything stays packed all the time. Which makes it hard on my autism kids to get to do anything cause they freak in crowds and the last thing i need is 3 simutatious meltdowns. It is fun to have there cousins be able to come play though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)