Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

WAY OT! What kind of.............

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM
BJ
  • 36 Replies

Feminine product do you use? I am shopping for cloth pads (but am open to hearing about diva cups & sea sponges too) because the more I read of the damage the disposables do to our bodies the more I don't want them to touch mine or my daughters(when she starts her period that is) bodies. I don't know anyone personally that uses anything different so I come to all of you wise & open minded women that I respect to see what you might know on the subject.

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I really never put much thought into feminine products being bad for us! I just use the regular disposable stuff that I'm guessing is all full of chemicals and horrible for us! I will watch your post for more input from the rest of the group!
usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I never thought about it ether until information about it started popping up with homeschooling & natural living stuff I was looking at. I have learned that the disposable stuff has chemicals & are made of materials that can cause cancer. I also learned that if you have very heavy flows & sever cramping that it could be the products & whats in them causing some of it.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I really never put much thought into feminine products being bad for us! I just use the regular disposable stuff that I'm guessing is all full of chemicals and horrible for us! I will watch your post for more input from the rest of the group!

SarahNElijah
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I use cloth! They are so comfy, and since starting to use them, I never get cramps anymore! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Interesting how things go full circle. My grandmother told me she used rags.

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM

What brand/kind do you use or do you make your own?

Quoting SarahNElijah:

I use cloth! They are so comfy, and since starting to use them, I never get cramps anymore! :-)

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I know I remember the story's My mom told me about the old kind of disposables that had straps that you had to use before they made the sticky backed kind.

Quoting Bluecalm:

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I use disposables but the Seventh Generation brand.  They are chlorine free and made with natural cotton.  I like having something more natural on hand especially for my dd.  I've always wanted to try a diva cup, but the price holds me back.  Of course the cost wouldn't be a factor if I knew it would work well.  (for me)

SarahNElijah
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I bought them from one of the moms in 'Cuties With Cloth Booties', the cloth diapering group on here, but she no longer sells anything.. (It's been 4 years!!) Some of the other moms in that group sell them though!

Quoting usmom3:

What brand/kind do you use or do you make your own?

Quoting SarahNElijah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I remember my mom talking about this!  She said it was all the rage when "beltless pads" became  available.  

Quoting usmom3:

I know I remember the story's My mom told me about the old kind of disposables that had straps that you had to use before they made the sticky backed kind.

Quoting Bluecalm:

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Quoting irvinehiker:

I use disposables but the Seventh Generation brand.  They are chlorine free and made with natural cotton.  I like having something more natural on hand especially for my dd.  I've always wanted to try a diva cup, but the price holds me back.  Of course the cost wouldn't be a factor if I knew it would work well.  (for me)

I am leery of the price too. At my Wal-mart they have these things called soft cups that are like them but disposable & you get 14 to a box for under $6. I got a box but have only tried one at the end of my last period so not much experience yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)