Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WAY OT! What kind of.............

Posted by   + Show Post

Feminine product do you use? I am shopping for cloth pads (but am open to hearing about diva cups & sea sponges too) because the more I read of the damage the disposables do to our bodies the more I don't want them to touch mine or my daughters(when she starts her period that is) bodies. I don't know anyone personally that uses anything different so I come to all of you wise & open minded women that I respect to see what you might know on the subject.

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Oh OK, I didn't know if you got them from Etsy or the Luna website or not. I know there are lots of women out there that make there own & sell them to others.

Quoting SarahNElijah:

I bought them from one of the moms in 'Cuties With Cloth Booties', the cloth diapering group on here, but she no longer sells anything.. (It's been 4 years!!) Some of the other moms in that group sell them though!

Quoting usmom3:

What brand/kind do you use or do you make your own?

Quoting SarahNElijah:

I use cloth! They are so comfy, and since starting to use them, I never get cramps anymore! :-)

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Yep, & she would tell me about how much better my sister & I had it with the ones that are out now.

Quoting irvinehiker:

I remember my mom talking about this!  She said it was all the rage when "beltless pads" became  available.  

Quoting usmom3:

I know I remember the story's My mom told me about the old kind of disposables that had straps that you had to use before they made the sticky backed kind.

Quoting Bluecalm:

Interesting how things go full circle. My grandmother told me she used rags.

SarahNElijah
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I think you could pretty easily make your own if you sew! If I ever need more, I will.. Mine are minky fabric on top, and fleece on he bottom, with some kind of absorbant fabric in between. (I would probably use bamboo fleece, because it worked so well for me in diapers!) :-)

I have also had a few friends swear by the diva cup, but I already had my cloth, so I have never tried it.

Quoting usmom3:

Oh OK, I didn't know if you got them from Etsy or the Luna website or not. I know there are lots of women out there that make there own & sell them to others.

Quoting SarahNElijah:

I bought them from one of the moms in 'Cuties With Cloth Booties', the cloth diapering group on here, but she no longer sells anything.. (It's been 4 years!!) Some of the other moms in that group sell them though!

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting SarahNElijah:

I use cloth! They are so comfy, and since starting to use them, I never get cramps anymore! :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Making my own is not out of the question if I can't find ones that I like the price of.

Quoting SarahNElijah:

I think you could pretty easily make your own if you sew! If I ever need more, I will.. Mine are minky fabric on top, and fleece on he bottom, with some kind of absorbant fabric in between. (I would probably use bamboo fleece, because it worked so well for me in diapers!) :-)

I have also had a few friends swear by the diva cup, but I already had my cloth, so I have never tried it.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting SarahNElijah:

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting SarahNElijah:

Mommy2Phenley
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I use mostly cloth. No one brand, I have a random collection. Some are from etsy, some are from a co op buy, a few I've made myself.

I also have a diva cup which I loved before DD was born but I don't like how it feels anymore.

I still keep disposables around to use if I will be out of the house somewhere all day, but I don't like them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I've heard great things about Mama Cloth, and I have a few friends who use it. I know a few who have used Diva Cup but only one of them has stuck with it. I use Kotex disposable pads because I have procrastinated ordering Mama Cloth forever. There are free patterns online for making your own and I've downloaded a couple but I've put that off, too. :/
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I use Mother of Eden for my heavy days (because my heavy days are very, very heavy!!) but I don't know if they are still in business or not.  I bought them when I bought my Fuzzy bunz diapers for my boys (8 years ago) I use a local lady's products for my lighter days.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Lol I can not stand the thought of having to deal with that kind of laundry. I admit I prefer tossing that stuff in the trash. I am a little too private about things like that, though. Half the time hubby doesn't even know unless he tries to make a moooovvveee. Lol
annabelle125
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I use the diva cup and really like it.  I have some samples of the soft cup- which is basically a disposable diva cup.  I haven't tried those yet.  

I have been thinking about cloth pads too--for the heavier days. I just can't decide if I want to do it...

Anne

Homeschooling DD, age 8

DS, age 11 6th grade public schooler-- homeschooled for 4th grade 

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Quoting Mommy2Phenley:

I use mostly cloth. No one brand, I have a random collection. Some are from etsy, some are from a co op buy, a few I've made myself.

I also have a diva cup which I loved before DD was born but I don't like how it feels anymore.

I still keep disposables around to use if I will be out of the house somewhere all day, but I don't like them.

I think I will use the natural cotton disposable pads for when we are out but I want to use the cloth for at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)