Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Am I the only weirdo who

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:18 PM
  • 19 Replies
Spends hours researching colleges and careers for my child? I know in a planner by nature but I seem to surprise myself.

I've been trying to find a college near by with a strong science department because the kid is states he will not live on campus for college. But has a passion for science.

Just didn't know if I was the only one.
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM
No, your not. My daughter has shown an interest in dancing and I was looking at Juilliard the other day.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Haven't gone there yet...I should my oldest is in high school.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I have done that as well. I researched all the culinary colleges in the United States and found my daughters best options. She now has a four year plan mapped out after she graduates including studying abroad. I love her plan.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Lol my oldest is just going into 7th. I have got time.
celticdragon77
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM

My oldest used to do that when she was homeschooling. Then she went to high school (public school) and seems to have lost all interest in doing so. She plans to go to a local college to get an associates degree. She says she will decide on what to do later on.    

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:39 PM

My daughter is going into 4th...and yup I have lol. I don't mean to crush her dreams entirely of being an artist, but I'm trying to push her towards other things that are higher on her instrests list, and showing her practical application to what she can do with those interests. I haven't been picking out colleges per se, but looking into different degree options for her to think about. We'll be looking more closely closer to when she nears high school...

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Oh yeah. Collegeboard.org is awesome. DD has expressed interest in astrophysics, so I've been helping her research universities with solid reputations for physics and astronomy programs. She's done a lot of the research on her own, it's just that I have a different way of drilling down, so sometimes I find other options.

mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Mine is an artist but I will just let him do whatever he wants. No big plans here.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:11 PM
My oldest isn't even 8 yet, so I'm not close but I'm sure ill do the same. I'm a planner as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I haven't yet but DS is only 7.  I have no doubt I will as he gets older though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)