Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Spends hours researching colleges and careers for my child? I know in a planner by nature but I seem to surprise myself.

I've been trying to find a college near by with a strong science department because the kid is states he will not live on campus for college. But has a passion for science.

Just didn't know if I was the only one.
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Replies (11-19):
lucsch
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM

No, we have several colleges near us, so one of them makes a lot of sense. All three of my sons have ended up going to a satellite campus of Indiana University and Purdue University. Even after two of them started at different universities, they ended up transferring. One is in graduate school (Purdue campus for pharmacy school). The other two live at home and will commute in the fall. Yep, you read that right---3 of my 4 children are in college.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I looked once for DS who wants to be an archaeologist but doesn't want to go far away to college, but we weren't hsing then.  I think I will look more when they are hsing and choosing classes/subjects to make sure they are meeting the requirements for whatever college they want to go to.

mamavalor
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Our kids are interested in going to college in Boston, the area where I am from originally.  My family is all up there so everyone can't wait.  :)

PEEK05
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I am not.  My oldest is only 4 lol.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I was too about a month or so ago

Quoting Dawn07:

No, your not. My daughter has shown an interest in dancing and I was looking at Juilliard the other day.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:39 AM

My kids are all still elementary aged (going into 6th, 4th and 3rd), but as they express interest in things, I look to see what kind of careers are out there in those types of fields and what colleges offer what degrees.  It's interesting to see what's out there.  I have an artist, a musician/dancer, and one who is interested in robotics and science.  It's fun for them to see what possibilities exist as well.

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I don't do this I am to busy researching things for them in the here & now!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Ha! Yes. I have been known to scour the internet for info. Lol
Uniquecoolio
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM

nope. if they're that interested, they'll pursue it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)