Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any BJU Math and/or Horizons Math opinions???

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM
  • 1 Replies

My kids and I were at the used homeschool store today again.

While I was looking through the world history resources, the kids were looking at math curriculums. They both were drawn to the BJU math books. I was busy and didn't get a chance to really look at them.

When I went to check out, the lady who works there mentioned that most kids do not hang out in the math section of her store. I said, well we are still trying to decide on math - and it is their favorite subject (besides art). She mentioned that they seemed to have the BJU books out the whole time and that next time she could get the Horizon books down for them (it was out of their sight and reach). She thought they might like that.  

I have never used a colorful math curriculum and I think both of these are. What are the pros and cons - and how do I know if it would matter for my kids? 

Has anyone used BJU or Horizons math? I heard the Horizons math is really well done. I have not heard anything about BJU.

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... Emerson 

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
BarkersBest
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Just to add a thought to math for your children how about using board games? I am sending you this website for your curiosity: http://www.simplyfun.com/lisakane. E-mail me at the E-mail if you have any questions: barkingforbarker@Gmail.com.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)