Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Off topic - pregnancy

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

Has anyone either had several negative pregnancy tests at the beginning of your pregnancy, or had no symptoms (or maybe just one or 2)?  I'm pretty irregular normally, but have never been THIS late except when I was pregnant with my other child.  It's been 6 weeks since my last period.  Tests are coming up negative and I've had no symptoms except maybe peeing more (but I quit drinking soda and drink only water all day now).  I lightly cramp every night around the same time for a little while too.  But that's it...no exhaustion, no sickness, no sore breast, no cravings, no increased smell, and of course no positive test!  I just want a straight answer!!!  I hate the waiting game, and don't want to get myself all excited for nothing!  I wonder if maybe my body just decided to skip this months period....

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Have you been stressed lately? Stress can make it not come. I skipped 3 months when my dh lost his job a few years back.
I do know of someone personally who was pregnant but it wasn't showing up. She had to go in and get a blood test.
Joann.HS
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I've always heard you can have a false negative but not a false positive.

A blood test could confirm it for you. (:
PEEK05
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I would just go to the doctor to get a blood test.  A pregnancy WOULD show up on a blood test by this point.

oredeb
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM

let us know how it turns out!!

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I agree with Dawn if you are having a lot of stress in your life it will mess up your period. I would go get a blood test just to be on the safe side!

Quoting Dawn07:

Have you been stressed lately? Stress can make it not come. I skipped 3 months when my dh lost his job a few years back.
I do know of someone personally who was pregnant but it wasn't showing up. She had to go in and get a blood test.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I have not. I get super positives immediately. Lol! But good luck, I hope you get the result you want!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:18 PM
lol That is how every single one of my pregnancies started. But that doesn't necessarily mean that is what is going on here. Your ovaries could be getting ready for aaa good cleansing. When that happens, you will experience a lot of different things that aren't normal even for inconsistant type of regularities. I am the same way. In fact. Since my first pregnancy' I have probably had about 3 dozen periods in 18 years. The rest of the time I have no period but I get all the symptoms of a period. Both physically and emotionally.
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Yes the one with my twins
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Bumping for update :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Quoting Boobah:

Bumping for update :)

haha - well not much of an exciting update...yet!  Another negative test this morning, still no symptoms.  To previous responders:  I haven't been under any more stress then usual.  4 kids, homeschooling, my schooling and internship....yea that's stressful, but it's been like that for a few years and I've never missed a period.  And to the person that had no symptoms and ended up with twins...stop scaring me!!!!  ;)  The only thing I've had is light cramping in either the evenings or morning, the feeling of an ovarian cyst on the right side for about 5 days, and last night it felt like the back of my leg was going to cramp up (and that was WEIRD because the ONLY time I ever had my legs cramp up is throughout my pregnancy with my daugher).  But otherwise - I feel completely normal and don't "feel" pregnant, so I'm thinking I'm probably not.  My last cycle was around May 6th.  I'm planning to wait another week or so before having a blood test done because the negative urine tests have me really believing I'm not pregnant.  Oh, and to clarify, I have 4 kids but 3 were adopted, so I've only experienced actual pregnancy 1 time.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN