Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fun post: If you could name your kids after...

Posted by   + Show Post

I seen this else where and thought it was so fun.

If you could name your kids after any fictional character, who would it be and why?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
Joann.HS
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM
I always liked Libby from Lost. I think she was an Elizabeth, but I love Libby for some reason as a given name.
JadeTigr7
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Two of my daughter's are named after fictional characters.  

Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Katara from Avater the Last Airbender.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Anne from Anne of Green Gables.  My daughter's middle name is Ann, but without the "e"

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Hmmm, I'll have to think. I also like the name katniss from hg. I love my older dd's name - Julia - after Julia Roberts. My middle is Chelsey, not named after anyone, and youngest is Kayla but I wish I'd named her Clara or Claire.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahNElijah
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I really like the name Kahlan from Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series.. Also Max and Isabelle from the Roswell TV show. But I don't think any of those really goes with Elijah and Naima, so I will probably never really use them.. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney movie and Aurora is my absolute favorite. I considered naming my second child Aurora, thankfully I didn't since he was a boy...lol

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I'm not done having kids, so maybe I still will name them after fictional characters!  I LOVE the name Aurora (from Sleeping Beauty) and DH and I both share being Greek so we talk about Greek names...BUT DH's biodad (he didn't know him until he was in his 20's...and then found out about the SIX siblings his biodad gave him) has a daughter named Aurora...we never see that family, but I feel like we would be taking the name or she would find out and think we named the baby after her, it would be weird.

DD is convinced she is naming her daughter Hermione, I tried to explain why that's not a great idea, but hopefully she has lots of time to really decide ;)

I also love the name Scarlett (but would be afraid of the stigma that would come with that name!) and I love Charlotte, but my exhusband 'stole' that name and so my DS has a sister named Charlotte so I can't use that name too, lol.

My top girl names (DH has no idea, and we aren't even pregnant or ttc) are Claire, Juliana, and Adeline...I just like to talk about naming babies ;) and I am dying to ttc. (and we already know a boy name, so I don't have any 'top' names unless DHs cousin uses the name we intend to use)

FootballFan12
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Django was such a good movie. I loved Broomhilda

Quoting tokeahontas:

Broomhilda from django unchained syuri from memoirs of a geisha

FootballFan12
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Oh that is very cool.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Two of my daughter's are named after fictional characters.  

Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Katara from Avater the Last Airbender.

tokeahontas
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Quoting FootballFan12:

I loved the name to lol I named my tabby cat hildi and only call her broomhilda when she's doing something she shouldn't lol.
FootballFan12
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Haha, that is great!

Quoting tokeahontas:

Quoting FootballFan12:

I loved the name to lol I named my tabby cat hildi and only call her broomhilda when she's doing something she shouldn't lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)