Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Fun post: If you could name your kids after...

Posted by   + Show Post

I seen this else where and thought it was so fun.

If you could name your kids after any fictional character, who would it be and why?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Replies (21-30):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Oh wow. I guess I am weird. I was always into tradtional names and such while growing up. But then after I got married, names became even more important to me as I believe our names denote who and what we are as human beings. Also, our faith is also important to us. I thought long and hard about all 8 of our kids' names before each one was picked. Each of the girls have a stone as either a first name or a middle name and the boys are named after characters in the Bible. However, it just so happenes that when I was pregnant with our 2nd son, I was enthralled with a show called Brimstone. The main character's name is the same as my son's. :) Here are the names..... Sapphire...Zechariah...Ezekiel...Ya'el...Tamariah(2 names spliced into one)....Benaiah and Vashti.
JadeTigr7
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband and our two boys have Biblical traditional names, and family names, but me, and our three daughters each have some kind of nature name in them.

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh wow. I guess I am weird. I was always into tradtional names and such while growing up. But then after I got married, names became even more important to me as I believe our names denote who and what we are as human beings. Also, our faith is also important to us. I thought long and hard about all 8 of our kids' names before each one was picked. Each of the girls have a stone as either a first name or a middle name and the boys are named after characters in the Bible. However, it just so happenes that when I was pregnant with our 2nd son, I was enthralled with a show called Brimstone. The main character's name is the same as my son's. :) Here are the names..... Sapphire...Zechariah...Ezekiel...Ya'el...Tamariah(2 names spliced into one)....Benaiah and Vashti.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest son keeps on pretending his name is Jack (from lost) lol
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Quoting JadeTigr7:

Love that. No one will forget their names, huh?! Our oldest daughter's name is Jade' :)
JadeTigr7
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine too! I'm Crystal, oldest is Jade Destiny, then Willow Rose, and then Katara Lily.

My husband is Michael, our oldest son is James, and youngest Steven.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Love that. No one will forget their names, huh?! Our oldest daughter's name is Jade' :)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting JadeTigr7:

This is so great. I have a sister named Crystal and a brother named Michael and my youngest son's first middle name is James. I also have a niece whose name is the same as mine and she named her daughter BEFORE my hubby n I were married. (Sonja) :) It's as if we were meant to run across each other and meet' :)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Quoting JadeTigr7:

Oh yeah and my husband's first name is also my brother's middle name .
wowguildmomma
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:00 AM

if I could mine would have been Jareth (from labyrinth) for my youngest but MIL talked us into Jared instead, Aragorn, or Theodred for my oldest son, ( huge Tolkien fan) Rowan, from an Anne Rice book for my middle son. 

For willow I had thought of Angelica Nicole as that was a name i was always obssessed with but my husband went with Willow out of my book of trees I had bought while pregnant with her. 

So we ended up with Matthew Dean, second name after a grandfather, Willow Marie, after the tree and DH's grandmothers middle name, Benjamin James Issac, two first names after one of mine and one of DH's grandfathers, and Jared Ryan, middle name same as DH's older brother.

Momof697
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM

My best friend named her son Xavier, he is 9 i think. YEs after Xmen

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

My BIL's middle name is Xavier after Professor Xavier :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My hubby named my oldest Xavier after Professor Xavier (X-men)

And I named my youngest son after Quentin Daniels the self-made engineer from Atlas Shrugged,

My middle son is the only one named after a real life person! LOL

22donnas
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Quoting FootballFan12:

I seen this else where and thought it was so fun.

If you could name your kids after any fictional character, who would it be and why?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)