Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Starting a new business and homeschooling...

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM
  • 37 Replies
How many of you have started up a business while homeschooling and thought they would lost their mind??? Lol Need input from experienced moms in here.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Me.... Oh yeah!  I'm still trying to get a handle on it!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Lol.... It is mind boggling, isn't it!?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Me.... Oh yeah!  I'm still trying to get a handle on it!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Definately.  I feel as though I have at least 3 full time jobs.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM
How do you compartmentalize?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I do it but it something I can do while the kids learn. I do the books after dinner which helps a lot.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM
So your business is an at home business then? Mind if I ask how long have you been doing this?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I do it but it something I can do while the kids learn. I do the books after dinner which helps a lot.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I try to set aside time in the afternoon to do the business finances, mailings, an "quotes."  We try to have school finished by lunchtime or at least the school that they need me to help.  Then all the household chores we try to jam into the hour between school and business and the hour between business and supper.  Obviously it doesn't always work out that way.  But thankfully I'm just the money person for the business.  Hubby does the installations.  I just run the office stuff.  (We are putting up solar installations)

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I remember. So you don't do any of the labor installation just the administrative management part of the business? Still, that is difficult enough as is. I am learning all sides. So much info! Lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I try to set aside time in the afternoon to do the business finances, mailings, an "quotes."  We try to have school finished by lunchtime or at least the school that they need me to help.  Then all the household chores we try to jam into the hour between school and business and the hour between business and supper.  Obviously it doesn't always work out that way.  But thankfully I'm just the money person for the business.  Hubby does the installations.  I just run the office stuff.  (We are putting up solar installations)

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM

You seriously don't want me anywhere near the electricity part of it! LOL.  I'm learning a lot about the grants and contracts and such.  What business are you starting?

Quoting kirbymom:

I remember. So you don't do any of the labor installation just the administrative management part of the business? Still, that is difficult enough as is. I am learning all sides. So much info! Lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Sales/Repair New/Used Kirby Vacuum s and all other types. Opening a new office. Remember I made mention that we were moving? Well, we did. Ugh! It has been tough and mind blowing.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

You seriously don't want me anywhere near the electricity part of it! LOL.  I'm learning a lot about the grants and contracts and such.  What business are you starting?

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN