Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Confessions of a Homeschooling mom...

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay. I confess. There is something about homeschooling that I really hate......I hate when the excitement gets dimmed. Reason being, that I am not doing my job. Then I have to go on a mad self exanimation binge to see where it is that I am lagging in. How about? Do you ha s any confession(s)?
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I took several months off when I was pregnant. And I don't feel guilty about it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM
2 moms liked this

School sometimes starts 2 hours before I wake up. I can't help it if my dd gets up and dives right in. Yep, it is an activity called independent work. LOL

shamrock_momma
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm guilty of being competitive. I get so mad when people start comparing their PS kids to mine, and I fight the urge to make comments like, "yeah, well at least my kid isn't a 'socialized' brat!"
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I confess that I am tapped out of creative ways to convince, con, and cajole my little nugget into doing his speech, so even though it is such an enormous part of why I am doing this whole thing to begin with, we may leave off for a while to get some distance between him and the frustration.
sdgd21
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been there, makes me grumpy. Lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Some days I just make everything we do up on the fly!  I'll get behind on my lesson planning and just grab some little science experiments to do and a book to read and make up activities as we go along.

sdgd21
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I am too. I hate it.

Quoting shamrock_momma:

I'm guilty of being competitive. I get so mad when people start comparing their PS kids to mine, and I fight the urge to make comments like, "yeah, well at least my kid isn't a 'socialized' brat!"
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Quoting jen2150:

Sometimes I sleep through science class.  

Unless I am pregnant( done!) or feel like I am going to die, I never lay down and sleep. I even tried to a few times but could never get to sleep after laying down. :)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Quoting coala:

Sometimes the day starts late b/c I want a little more sleep.  It is hard being up late working, planning the next day and cleaning.  Sometimes I need the sleep....like today.

Yep' I feel your pain.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Quoting mhaney03:

some days we only do math and english because I'm just too tired and don't feel like it.

I've done that way more times than I would like to admit too! lol
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I have homeschooled through serious pain meds. The kids didn't move along as quickly as normal but they did fine and getting me walking again was more important.

Amen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)