Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please tell me I'm not the only one....

Posted by   + Show Post

Forgive me for jumping into your group to post about this as a non-regular poster.  But I need some support!!

Sometimes...a lot of times....I wish I could just send my kids to school.   It would be SO.MUCH.EASIER.   I'm not second guessing our decision to home school and I am 100% committed to it. But it is harder than I thought it would be.  My kids are only almost 5, 3 and 1 but the resistance I am getting from my almost 5 year old is already enough to make me wish she could go to school.  I know we have to work out the kinks and get used to the teacher/student relationship.  I am hoping it gets better with time!!  

Please tell me it gets easier.  Or at least that its not going to get harder....as we add 3 or 4 more kids into it, lol, aaaaaaaaaaaah!!    Any and all tips and ideas are welcome as we delve deeper into this sometimes omonous adventure! 

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Replies (21-21):
Rachel728
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Some women fantasize about s*x, others (like myself) about school buses coming to take the children away for a blessed 7 hours. Yes, I've been there!

Also, I'm not of the camp that formal lessons *should never* begin at 4. I think it's a bit "high and mighty" to assume the authority of what another mom's homeschool "should" look like (just thought I'd throw that out there since I'm seeing several finite statements that include "should", "shouldn't", etc)....

Thanks. :)   I'm not offended by other's views and I knew by asking the question here'd I'd get a lot of "she's only 4" answers.  I'm willing to sift through that for the stuff I needed to hear. ;)   She is very ready to be doing sit-down school.  She LOVES it....it just seems to have to be on *her* terms lately.   My 3 year old is not ready for that and that's fine- I won't push her into it just because ODD was ready at 2 (for real).   I am not an unschooling mom.  I am a 'school at home' mom.  We learn through life as well but I believe structure and routine also help prepare you for the real world.  BUT it also doesn't bother me that others don't do it that way, you know?  To each his own and who am I to question what works for your family.  We all have the same goal in the end- to love our children, prepare them for life and give them a good education.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)