Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I want to use this math curriculum for my son but I want to know the difference between the 2009 version and the current version of Primer, Alpha, Beta and Gamma? I want to save money since I am buying 4 but, I am not sure if buying the current version to be practical.

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Replies (11-12):
mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Lucky you!!!
Quoting Boobah:

All they added were enrichment pages. I'd definitely go used, or they have a clearance section on their site that has the older version. We are finishing alpha up as a refresher, then moving on to beta. Both are the last version. We got gamma as a new version from someone who purchased it and decided not to homeschool. Score!

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That is exactly what we do. Sometimes you can even find the workbooks on eBay, but we need four of each level, so we keep the instruction books and buy new student materials.

Quoting mommy4lyf:

I am still undecided if I will buy the new version since, the change wasn't that much but the price is plus shipping it up here in Alaska will costs a lot. I can buy the workbooks only from Math U See site and I can get the Teacher's Guide and math manipulative from ebay (older version), that will save me extra money.
Quoting TigerofMu:

We absolutely love Math-U-See.  If you are buying the new version that just came out, I believe the only difference is that they've added some things to meet the common core.  I went ahead and bought all I could before they made the switchout, just in case.  We have all the Teacher's Guides for every level except Calculus, and I was worried that they would change them and we'd have to buy new everything instead of just a student guide for each kid as they roll through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN