Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you trying anything new this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

What's going to be different in the upcoming year?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM
We are making our own curriculum last year we brought all the curriculum and my children we bored so we are trying something new.No morning childcare
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM

We are going to follow a schedule.  With two 10th graders and a 1st grader I am goint to need a schedule.  My 1st grader does not use DVDs or anything so she will take a little more time this year.  My 10th graders will be using Teaching Textbooks for Algebra 2 or Geometry (I've not decided yet) and a DVD for Biology, but everything else is either completely independent or me explaining something.  So, I know that I will need a more structured schedule this year to make sure we get everything done.  I also believe that it will help my daughter to be more structured as well.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM
We will be learning French.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

LOLOLOL Yup, I think that qualifies!

Quoting mylovey:

Homeschooling, ha! :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

The early years are so fun 8)

Quoting PEEK05:

Everything is new. :) The oldest is only 4 lol.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I have to admit, I hate birds in the house but I hope you guys have fun! LOL (My parrots used to breed cockatils and their cage was right by my bedroom door. I had to listen to all the baby birds all night long. yuck!)

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Well we are starting going to an Alanon / Alateen group on Thursday and will be doing in depth studies on alcoholism due to my kids addicted grandmother.

Then we have a new African Grey Parrot so that has been a recent change that will continue. We just got home from the Parrot Emporium actually and go almost every day now. Rubius will be doing clicker training soon and we are trying to expand his vocabulary.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

It's an awesome ride!

Quoting kmath:

The whole homeschooling experience will be new for me this year.   :)  Can't wait!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM

good luck!

Quoting SuperMommy408:

I'm purchasing a curriculum this year. I'm still doing research, which I need to have picked out really really soon!! Last year I did my own thing!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

ha! Is that alllllllllll your doing? Good luck!

Quoting kirbymom:

You mean besides moving, starting a new business and still trying to find a house??? lol

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I can't wait to hear how you liked using the Easy Peasy AN1 curriculum.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Last year I purchased a boxed curriculum, and this year we are using mainly easy peasy all in one...I'm also planning on using a lot more Netflix, and incorporating community service/volunteering.

Last year was boring and repetitive...but we just moved and were in the midst of remodeling. Looking forward to more variety!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)