Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is summer more busy than the 'school year' or does it slow down a bit?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 19 Replies
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJ-47
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM
It slows way down. We have more time for activities outside the home.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM

We only take a month off, so it feels like it speeds up to a break-neck pace!!  LOL  I was hoping my boys would get a chance to get bored, but not with all the stuff we have happening over the next 3 weeks!

Aleshad01
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Much slower.
kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM

This year it slowed down, but we will see how this year goes.  We might go to more all year homeschooling next year.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Depends on the year. lol
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM
The summer is a bit slower, but still a little busy, with light school work and lots of activities with our homeschool group!! So some days are slower, but others are busy!!
usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM

It is slower!

Britty1987
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:52 AM
This year it's busier. We'll be going for a visit to my home state next weekend! Still trying to get the beans in the ground. And doing hay at the same time. The guys worked all night cause it's supposed to rain tonight :-/ hopefully the beans will get done anyway. The hay can wait because we don't lose crop insurance money on it lol
mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM
We have a busy summer. I brought our workbooks and learning videos wherever we go. Right now, we're staying in the hotel while hubby is working.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM

It is a different kind of busy.  We raise a small hobby farm so we are very busy at home.  I am currently buying chicks, washing about 30 dozen eggs every week, yard work, selling eggs at the farmer's market, and soon I will be powerwashing the chicken coops soon.  Not my favorite job.  We also homeschool all year round.  We are very busy going place during the normal school year.  I also spend a lot of time planning classes in the summer for my co-op.  I am also starting a new club as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN