Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How often are you not actually NOT at home?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm officially starting only my 2/3rd year homeschooling and have asked my husband to make sure we have gas for our gas guzzling 12 passenger van to get out of the house at least twice a month.  Is that too little?  Just wondering how often do you actually get out of the house (besides out in the yard) during your school year? 

family in the van

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Right now we are still in ps, so we go out most days.

Next year, we will go out for co-op class every other Wednesday and field trips most of the opposite Wednesdays.  DD will have dance once a week-usually Thursdays so that will get us out of the house too.  And DS will do something, at least basketball in Nov-March that will be one practice and one game a week.  So I think we will still get 'out' a lot, it's just a matter of for how long I suppose, an hour practice may not really count as 'getting out' lol.

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I'm out every day, but that's because I am finishing up an internship.  The kids go to my moms or a friend's daycare.  But whenever we are home, I can only stand it for a day or 2 then I'm itching to get out.  So I'm sure when I graduate we will still be out and about a lot.  We live by the beach so we have many excuses to be out!  But no, I don't think it's to little.  Whatever works best for your family is fine in my opinion! 

Joann.HS
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM
We get out often. (:
CrimsonRadiance
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM

We are actually out of the house quite a bit. Between Errands, Taekwondo, homeschool group outings, playground days and such, we are MAYBE home ALL day about once or twice a week. 

thankfully we do a lot of unschooling.. so we aren't a strict curriculum schedule.. 

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

At least once a week but more then that most weeks.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM

We plan to go out 1 day per week for co-op and 1 for the library.

loveplexus
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:10 PM
We are out of the house about 3 afternoons/evenings a week. The older my children get, the more accomplished and busier they are. After 8 years of ballet, 4 years of piano, it becomes hard to quit or cut back. Especially with ballet, they have gone en pointe and it requires more and more time the older they get. It's quite a dilemma we find ourselves in.
mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM

2x a week for PT, 2x a week for ST, Saturday and Sunday is family time so we go out for different reasons including the Saturday market, outdoor activities, grocery shopping, supplies shopping and etc. 

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

Precious333
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Every family is different. We have a lit of activities, too many actually, so we are not home a lot :( but i have friends that are definite homebodies and they wouldnt mind.being home that much.
CJsMommy040506
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I have to leave the house every day. This will be our first year homeschooling. We'll have a co op one day, then a group that meets up for activities once a week. We go to grocery stores and shopping atleast twice a week, sometimes three. I used to go to the gym six days a week before I hurt my back. We just moved so depending upon what the doctor says in a couple weeks I may join a gym here. I'd love to workout 4-5 times a week and take the kids. I'm a homebody but I also have to get out and see other people. I will have a college class two nights a week and my daughter will home homeschool gymnastics once a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)