Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Summer review

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 9 Replies
Is anyone else doing review over the summer?

Julia is going into third grade, but I decided to have her start at math u see alpha and do it to strengthen her addition and subtraction skills. She completed the whole year in 5 days, so we are going to move on to beta for review on Monday. I'm hoping we will be ready for gamma by fall, but not rushing her. Beta should be mostly review so I think she will be able to move quickly through it as well.

What other subjects do you review? We do lots of reading for pleasure, and I have her help with grocery lists, birthday cards, writing letters to people, invitations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I got him the Summer Bridge Activities workbook and he also reads daily.  He likes playing with the multiplication flashcards I got him (even though he isn't really there yet, lol). 

blueyedbaker
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Over the summer they have read every day and they have to do flash cards and math worksheets.  That's about it. 

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Nope!

Aleshad01
by Alesha on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM
We have been doing reading everyday.
swim-mom72
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:55 PM

No real need for review when you have older kiddos : ) But, they will continue reading and math throughout the summer. My oldest will be doing the Stewardship class from MUS and my younger will be doing one of the Life of Fred books.

TheMommysLife
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM

For this Summer I'm having them do the Barnes & Noble reading club (read any 8 books and earn a free book) and then I'm also having them do worksheets in math and language arts and finding fun science projects to do!

mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM

We started www.ixl.com today. He spent 1 and 30 mins without even knowing it. He loves to receive medal after each lesson and he keeps on going and going til I ask him to stop to eat and that's the first! sidesplittinglaughter

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

coala
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Both of mine need to work on different area in math.  We will also continue to read daily and work on comprehension and they both need to work on handwritting.  Just some things we will squeeze in.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Not really. We only took off about 6 weeks so I think we'll be good to go and pick up where we left off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)