Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Summer Vacations? where are you going?

Posted by   + Show Post

where are you going for summer vacation?

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
AJ-47
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM
We're taking a break from vacationing this year..We've been on so many trips and vacations in the past two years (during all seasons, not just summer), We're burnt out on traveling!
mommy4lyf
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM

We're not on vacation right now but we are out of town. Hubby took us with him coz he'll be working for 5 days. We are staying in the hotel and wait for him to come back at the end of the day and then he takes us out for dinner and grocery shopping. At least we get to see him at the end of the day.

I brought my son's workbooks and reading materials so we don't waste time watching movies and doing nothing. We keep ourselves busy with lessons. I love the family room because we have a small kithen and dining area. It feels like a mini vacation : ) next month will be an out of state vacation. A real one!

oredeb
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM

is mesa verde in colorado?

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

We will wait till September to do anything. I'm trying to get DH to agree to doing a road trip to Grand Canyon and Mesa Very National park.

We're going to hit Mesa Verde in October!  It will tie in quite nicely with my oldest's learning about Native Americans.  :)  There are wildfires right now, but I'm hopeful that'll all be settled out by then.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM

We just returned from camping in Pigeon Forge, TN.

CJsMommy040506
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM

We went for a weekend to a beach (FL) last month, then two weeks ago to a beach again (Myrtle Beach SC) for five days. I've had enough of beaches. I think we're supposed to go for a few days in August again to FL. DH is going to do some work in a condo of an old coworker. I'd love to go to a few hours away to the mountains in the fall, not sure yet.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Lots of "mini-vacations" planned. Next week we're going to Reno to take Lindsay to a Mark Wills concert. :)  Sometime we'll go camping at the beach - I want to take them to the dunes.  We're hoping to get up to the Bend area and see the Newberry Caldera and do the Lava Cast forest and Lava River Cave. In August we'll go for a week of camp near Sisters.

PEEK05
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Nowhere

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:19 PM
We're not going on a big vacation this summer,we're doing a weekend mini vacation to Biloxi and going to the beach and in December we're suppose to be going on a week long vacation to Orlando we'll see!!
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM

It is, and I was so excited when I started planning the trip out.  I'm still psyched, but I'm hoping the wildfires get put out and new ones don't start.

Quoting oredeb:

is mesa verde in colorado?

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

We will wait till September to do anything. I'm trying to get DH to agree to doing a road trip to Grand Canyon and Mesa Very National park.

We're going to hit Mesa Verde in October!  It will tie in quite nicely with my oldest's learning about Native Americans.  :)  There are wildfires right now, but I'm hopeful that'll all be settled out by then.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Nowhere and crazy! Getting our business off the ground, learnimh to be an office administrator/office manager and finding just the right home and doing some lite school throughout the summer is our main focus for the summer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN